GliderCENTRAL

Super WF???

Posted By: tbull

Super WF??? - 11/05/08 06:07 PM

I have a couple questions. 1st, my WFB leu het boy is paired with a CG leu het and out of their 7 joeys, one was a leu and the other 6 have all been WFB. Another breeder told me that would make him a "super WF". I've never heard of that before, is there such a thing and is there a % of their joeys that need to be WF to make him one?

2nd, With daddy throwing all these WF joeys, does that mean that those joeys would have a higher chance of throwing WF joeys themselves?
dunno

Re: Super WF??? - 11/05/08 07:52 PM

no one?
Posted By: Mel2mdl

Re: Super WF??? - 11/05/08 08:23 PM

tbull - the way I understand it, the WF gene is dominant. So, if they get one, they are WF. Sounds like dad may have 2. If so, all his babies will be WF. But, the kiddos will only have one since mom is grey.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Super WF??? - 11/05/08 08:32 PM

I heard Brandy use the expression super white in relation to Sir Lance as he had a number of joeys and all of them were wf regardless of the mother's coloring....It is the only time I have heard it though...His son - Bingo - who is our first glider has beautiful coloring...he has been paired with only wf's....first Jinxx = one set of joeys 1 wf, 1 cg and then with ZaSu (after Jinxx passed) they have had a total of 8 joeys and 2 were cg the other 6 were wfb....hope that helps a little

Re: Super WF??? - 11/05/08 10:48 PM

Thanks for the info, most of their kids have gone to non-breeding homes, but I will check on the others.
I hadn't thought anything of all the WF joeys until I was going through their history for a possible mom.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Super WF??? - 11/06/08 01:37 AM

The WF gene is co-dominant, I believe, that is why you can put two WF together and still get a grey. I haven't ever heard of a Super WF, so dunno

Moving this to Breeding & Babies
Posted By: Lynsie

Re: Super WF??? - 11/06/08 02:12 AM

The WF gene is co-dominant but there has been quite a few WF's that have proved to only produce WF. This usually happens when you have higher gen WF's paired together, but not always. My pair Eden & Veeda have produced 5 WF's back to back and I can almost guarantee that thier next joey will be WF also. I have another high gen WF pair, Forrest & Bella who have produced 5 WF's joeys back to back. Now they could throw a normal but so far they haven't.
Posted By: Mel2mdl

Re: Super WF??? - 11/06/08 02:14 AM

Basically, it is like the punitt squares you learned about way back when... roflmao

Ww breeding with Ww. The W is the gene causing White-Faced, the w is the one causing gray.

___________W______________________w

W______WW (white faced)_________Ww (white)

w______wW (white)_______________ww (gray)

So, there would always be a 25% chance the baby would be gray if the parents were both white-faced.

But - it sounds like a WW breeding to a ww, which would look like this:

___________W______________________W

w______Ww (white faced)_________Ww (white)

w______Ww (white)_______________Ww (white)

So, all the babies would be white-faced.

Of course, this is simplified and there are probably more than one set of genes that controls it. grin
Posted By: Sheila

Re: Super WF??? - 11/06/08 03:39 AM

Well I have a 3.5 gen wfb that has been with a mosaic female - no wf in her line at all and she has produced 8 wfb joeys some being mosaic WFB and no normals

Re: Super WF??? - 11/06/08 03:41 AM

Ok, I must be tired, but that hurt my brain. roflmao

Orion is a 1st gen WFB and Star has no WF in her background at all. I must have just gotten lucky. Besides WFs, their joeys are all sooooo sweet. cloud9
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Super WF??? - 11/09/08 06:04 PM

I have Sir Lance, from Brandy, and was told that he is a Super White. He has only been paired with gray gliders (KiKi, Mystic, and Tiana) and every baby is a WFB.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL