GliderCENTRAL

Looks like some changes may be coming

Posted By: Dancing

Looks like some changes may be coming - 05/18/12 05:19 PM

Aphis is proposing some changes to the USDA license laws that would require pet stores to be licensed and subject to AWA laws.

It also is proposing to raise the exemption on "breeding females" from 3 or fewer to 4 or fewer.

You can read more about it here...

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=APHIS-2011-0003-0001
Posted By: JeremysDad

Re: Looks like some changes may be coming - 05/18/12 06:47 PM

Not sure if would make a difference to some pet stores. I have even heard of breeders that clean up because they know when inspections are.
Posted By: tjlong

Re: Looks like some changes may be coming - 05/18/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: JeremysDad
Not sure if would make a difference to some pet stores. I have even heard of breeders that clean up because they know when inspections are.

That didn'thappen here. Our WA inspector for USDA just did her pop-in inspection at my home this week. I had no clue she was coming by. I passed with no non-compliances. smile

I would like to see those changes occur.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Looks like some changes may be coming - 05/19/12 12:17 AM

Those would be positive changes! smile However, I believe that if a pet store now sells sugar gliders or other exotics, they currently need to be licensed.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Looks like some changes may be coming - 05/19/12 03:35 AM

Shelly, for exotics like gliders, they do need to be licensed. But these changes will help all animals in pet stores, including any gliders simply because it would (hopefully) make the pet store owners keep cleaner environments for all the animals.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Looks like some changes may be coming - 05/19/12 01:25 PM

I totally agree Dancing! Just didn't want people thinking that a pet store could sell gliders now without a license is all.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL