GliderCENTRAL

gliders as service animals

Posted By: Sweet As Suggies

gliders as service animals - 05/13/13 12:46 PM

My gliders are considered service animals by my doctors, and I carry those notes with me when I leave the house with my babies. However at the OSGA I had briefly overheard some ladies talking about gliders being somehow licensed as your service pet through the state (not just by a doctor). I was going to ask them more about it when I stopped doing what I was doing, but then forgot all about it.

Does anyone know the process it takes to accomplish this, or who I could contact to find out more info?

thanks
Posted By: jendetta

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/13/13 04:44 PM

There is another post on this topic. Do a search for service animals on GC through the tabs and a bunch comes up. There are links that may help. ( I haven't figured out how to share links yet ;-)

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/13/13 05:18 PM

Hey, thanks! I will search for it clap
Posted By: doganddisc

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/13/13 05:23 PM

If you are in the United States there are only two species of animals (dogs and miniature horses) that are legally recognized as service animals per the ADA (on the federal level). HOWEVER state laws may differ.

Also there is no legitimate licensing for service animals.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/13/13 09:00 PM

Alicia - I inquired on the FB event page to see who was talking about it. I'll try to get you in touch with them. wink

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/14/13 03:41 AM

Thank you, Shelly, that is very sweet if you agree I did a search here on GC and found a whole thread on the topic though, and will be looking through the sites listed to see if I can begin this process. If I successfully complete it, I will post to let all others know who are interested dance
Posted By: Johannasgliders

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/14/13 09:34 PM

I found this link very interesting. Emotional Support Animal

I've also, seen an article on a college student that had a sugar glider for her emotional pet. She did fly with him. I just can't find it. Still looking.

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/16/13 01:31 PM

Thank you, Johanna! This is a good site clap I would be really interested in knowing how this girl you mentioned got onto a plane with her glider. If you find out anything, please let me know :thumb2:

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/16/13 08:40 PM

Thank you!

Someone sent the article to my a while back and I'm still looking. Can't remember who sent it either. I am still looking LOL!

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/22/13 08:23 PM

Recovery animal I heard back from this link.
This is what I was told.
"It's my understanding that any animal, including fish, can be ESA's. That is determined by HUD."

This link talk about flying with ESA.

Letter for the animal

Letter for Flying with an ESA

Letter from your doctor for Rx to have ESA

Traveling with Special Items

Re: gliders as service animals - 05/25/13 02:06 AM

Thank you for these links, Johanna clap

I'm going to take my time, and read through them after the Holiday.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL