GliderCENTRAL

Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!!

Posted By: Feather

Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/14/17 04:57 PM

Heads up sugar glider people in Virginia! There is legislation in Arlington county Virginia to ban sugar gliders.
There has been little opposition to this ban and the animal rights groups are pushing this legislation. If it passes everything except dogs, cats and fish will be banned.
Here is the link: http://usark.org/2017-action-alerts/action-alert-arlington-county-virginia/

Please share this post.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/14/17 07:41 PM

Kimberly, I posted this alert on another forum I'm on. Does it require being a resident of Arlington, VA or VA to act on this? I would love to do what I can to prevent this ban, but I'm in MD.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/15/17 01:00 AM

This will be difficult to dissuade. These bans exist in several other Virginia counties. We lived in Arlington for 9 years and opposition will be thin. They are simply trying to lump all of these exotics together into a group, because they don't know any better and are ignorant of the facts. I would be surprised if anything changes their mind.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/15/17 02:41 AM

frown

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/15/17 04:30 AM

I think any opposition to this ban would help. Being a resident of VA, even better.

Sadly once they get these animals banned it can be difficult to reverse.

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/15/17 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Feather
I think any opposition to this ban would help. Being a resident of VA, even better.

Sadly once they get these animals banned it can be difficult to reverse.

Sadly, not necessarily. Put yourself out there to oppose it will give you a mark in Arlington County and they WILL look you up and they WILL keep you close to their "hearts", if you know what I mean.

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/17/17 08:06 PM

My vet has sent their position in response to the proposed changes by Arlington County.

SEAVS Response

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/18/17 04:15 AM

I saw that, it is great!

I sent my two cents worth also. I get my heads up on this stuff from USARK. I may not have reptiles but this group is on top of stuff.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/18/17 10:14 AM

Wow... Love the read. Thank you for sharing. Getting the backing from a professional staff of veterinarians on exotics should open a few eyes on the percentile of "voters" who would be affected by the new law.

Many professional politicians are ignorant to who the average "Joe voter" really is. Love it!

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/18/17 02:53 PM

Messaging with my vet right now as he sits there. It's pretty serious right now and there's some pretty heavy stuff the "other side" is bringing to the table. I'm working on a rebuttal for him right now because these people need to show some numbers! I'll keep you posted on the info I get.

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/18/17 05:55 PM

Good!

People need to email and write letters, it got tabled until next month so they have a few weeks to get tons of letters sent out.

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/18/17 08:09 PM

Got a message from my vet a short time ago. It started with, "Bam, I'm good" LOL!! I'm waiting for more info, but it appears that sugar gliders will be amended. I don't know details but the rebuttal apparently did some good. Fingers crossed smile

Re: Heads up Arlington County Virginia people!!! - 03/19/17 03:51 AM

:yes:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL