GliderCENTRAL

USDA Question

Posted By: Laurens_Babies

USDA Question - 01/22/08 07:30 AM

Well since I'm adding 2 not 1 WFB sets my numbers are up.. I will have 3 breeding females even with neutering Jessie soon. Might as well request my paperwork to get licensed. Since I been told it take forever to even get the paperwork. Can someone post a link I can never find the site to request paperwork . thanks
Posted By: GliderHappy81

Re: USDA Question - 01/22/08 07:44 AM

HERE ya go wave

Re: USDA Question - 01/22/08 07:58 AM

WHich one is it?? Apply for AWA??

Re: USDA Question - 01/22/08 08:03 AM

I think it is this one https://web01.aphis.usda.gov/ApplicationKit.nsf/application?OpenForm

Re: USDA Question - 01/22/08 08:04 AM

There is also a number on there that you can call and have them send one to you. laugh
Posted By: Srlb

Re: USDA Question - 01/22/08 01:23 PM

Quote:
I will have 3 breeding females

You need to have OVER three breeding females, of any kind of animal, in your home before they will license you. thumb
Posted By: Bubbles8i8

Re: USDA Question - 01/22/08 05:12 PM

If you call to request the paperwork, you will get the packet faster. The eastern office is really backed up because they have a new person doing the job now. I called just last week and that is what they told me.

smile

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Srlb
Quote:
I will have 3 breeding females

You need to have OVER three breeding females, of any kind of animal, in your home before they will license you. thumb

LOL well I will have 4 for a short while do you loose your license if your numbers drop???

Also do your females have to be of breeding age??? I'm just trying to go ahead and get licensed

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 03:38 AM

I dont believe they have to be *breeding age* but if you have 3 or under they will tell you that it is not necessary for you to obtain a license. thumb
Posted By: USMom

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 03:54 AM

You won't loose your license if your numbers drop. The over 3 includes all animals in the house. So if you have a female cat, dog, chinchilla....they are all added together.

Off topic, slightly, why is that? It isn't like a glider could mate with a dog.
Posted By: mommawannabe

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 04:01 AM

Yup, that's what they told me Peggy.

Anna

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 04:19 AM

Well I got two female dogs in the house.. both fixed of course.. plus a female cat.. WOW that is kinda weird..

BACKSTORY: Breeding pairs (Mia and Jesse, Abby and Zach, within 4 weeks 2 pairs of WFB) SO techincally 4 breeding females but Jessie will be neutered soon.
Posted By: Bubbles8i8

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 04:35 AM

I was told that only USDA regulated animals are included in the number. Cats and Dogs are regulated under commercial breeding, as well as other animals, but mice are not, for example.

Is this wrong?

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 04:50 AM

I don't understand why they would count dogs.. Ones that are fixed.. Oh well if it helps me get USDA licensed..
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 05:07 AM

If they're spayed females (dogs or cats for example), they're not included in your numbers wink

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 05:17 AM

Well thats what I thought but LOL... Didnt make any sense

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 03:59 PM

No, a spayed female will not be counted, as she is not able to breed!! However, if she was not spayed, she would be counted in your numbers. thumb

I do not believe mice are included.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: USDA Question - 01/23/08 05:34 PM

It also does not matter if the female is housed with a neutered male either because of the potential to "stud" the animals instead of leaving them in pairs.

4 intact females even though only one is "breeding" (as in with an intact male) you would still need a license to sell the offspring.

Just so other's don't get confused. You do not need a license to own gliders or to let them breed. You DO need a license if you are selling the offspring.

So, you could have 10 females and 4 males with the combos creating 2 breeding pairs and the rest non breeding. If you are NOT selling the offspring, you do not need to be licensed. BUT if you ARE selling the offspring, you do because you have 10 intact females in the home.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL