GliderCENTRAL

Are Gliders legal in Germany??

Posted By: Anonymous

Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/06/08 10:17 PM

Hey everyone... Wondering if Gliders are legal in Germany. Can anyone tell me where to go to find out? Thanks

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/06/08 11:17 PM

wow.. isearched the internet pretty good and didn;t come up with anything

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 12:11 AM

Thats what I was afraid of... That I wouldnt be able to find out for sure. My brother is in the army, and currently stationed in Germany. He called tonight, and wants to get a glider, so I told him I would try to find out if they're legal there, because if they're not, I am NOT going to help him get one...

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 12:17 AM

what province is he in?? or town, or whatever they have over there.. maybe that will help.. but i'm thinking every site i find will be in german

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 12:20 AM

He is currently stationed in Schweinfurt Germany. I have been looking too, but I cant find anything....
Posted By: Suggiegramma

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 12:47 AM

I don't believe they can be shipped internationally...if he purchased one in Germany, would he want to give it up when his time came to come home stateside? I DO know they are not allowed on Army bases...anywhere!

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 01:10 AM

Yeah, the more I think, the more I'm begining to go against the idea. Even if I COULD ship to him, they would quarantine before he could get them, and I dont want that. Its too stressful.. I think I'm going to just tell him that they arent legal there, and leave it at that.

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 03:24 AM

that sounds like a good idea.. theres A LOT of work involved in moving them back adn forth.. What about a different kind of pet for him?? I'm sure he's just jonesing for something furry anf cute, opposite of military.. mybe a guinea pig, they are EXTREMELY affectionate and bond very easily
Posted By: Bubbles8i8

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 06:06 AM

Why would there be a quarantine before he could get them, if you shipped them in?

Not all countries require QT like that to import animals. There is no QT for mice to ship into Germany. It could be different for gliders, though.

You could find out by contacting the German embassy.

German Embassy at 4645 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007, telephone (202) 298-4000

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 06:18 AM

How long is he going to be there? Maybe he can reseach them and wait to make sure he is ready for one and if he is, there will be a glider with a very good home when he gets bak to the states.

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/07/08 12:52 PM

Well, its more his girlfriend that would like to have them, than him. ANd when he comes home, they would stay with her. I dont know. Its a lot to think about. BUT - I already told him it would be a few more months before I would be able to get him any gliders, so that gives me plenty of time to have him check around for a vet, and all that.
Posted By: melek007

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/14/08 07:04 PM

There is someone who moved to Germany not too long ago. Here's the thread about it. http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/208456#Post208456

Re: Are Gliders legal in Germany?? - 03/14/08 07:32 PM

Thank you!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL