GliderCENTRAL

STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT*

Posted By: Anonymous

STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/07/08 05:22 AM

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-missouri-house-bill-1847-urgent

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/07/08 05:24 AM

umm can you explain more.. its hard to read the way the bill is on that site..

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/07/08 05:48 AM

It's pretty much redefining what anmals they want to consider pets and legal to own. They are pretty much, from what I read saying that anything other than farm animals and dmoestic dogs and cats they want to redifine as being wild animals and making it illegal to own or breed them anymore. It does say that if you already live there and own such a "wild animal" you may petition and pay for a license to keep the animal for the rest of its life if you include all the info about the animal, that you agree to not breed it and after it dies no more....I think I read that right and it's [censored] I agree...

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/07/08 06:22 AM

they are excluding a lot of pets if that is what it is saying. at my vet my hamster was considered an exotic. that law doesn't seem like it would be followed even if it was passed.
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 07:43 AM

It would still be a huge worry for Missourians, as basically nothing other than dogs and cats and a few small animals would be legal in the state. And it would depend very much on local animal control as to how close they choose to follow it. cry

Although I signed as well, signing an online petition isn't going to do it. We need to be writing letters and e-mails to our representatives for our voices to be heard on this.

Here is a link to the MO House:
http://www.house.mo.gov/

I have already sent an e-mail and will be sending letters to each of my Representatives offices so that I know they see it. Please remember to be respectful when writing, as angry/abrasive responses to this will not get very far.
Posted By: tammyangel

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 08:07 AM

Well the problem with this is we live in a country that says we are free and it seems our freedom to keep pets is something now they are wanting to change .God gave us free will for a reason to make choices ourselfs and make mistakes ourselfs .What pets we feel are not dangerous should be up to us too.

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 08:25 AM

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills081/bilsum/intro/sHB1847I.htm

this is the second amending of the bill

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills081/biltxt/intro/HB1847I.htm
Posted By: Trigger

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 08:54 AM

As long as we have HUGE groups diving our politicians it is very hard to make them see things thru the average Americans eyes.
Just do a google search "peta against wild animals as pets" and you will see what I am talking about.
I don't know about you, but not one member of their group has ever shown up at my door to see how my babies are faring.
Oh well I guess they are experts on animals rights and protection.
Posted By: gliderlover1

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 12:32 PM

Wow.. according to that even Parakeets, Chinchillas and Hedgehogs are out!?!
Actually I think ALL birds are out!
Fun world that would be huh!

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 07:32 PM

Yep, all birds and all reptiles (except for a few turtles). It's ridiculous, but if it somehow got through, would be devastating. It's not on the calendar right now, but it hasn't gone away either. shakehead
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 07:39 PM

They've listed Parrots, Ferrets, if you have a dog that's half-wolf, any kind of primate ...

The list goes on and on! I've never seen "companion animal" defined so narrowly! Wow!

There needs to be a HUGE stink about this!
Posted By: dranger1108

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Trigger
As long as we have HUGE groups diving our politicians it is very hard to make them see things thru the average Americans eyes.
Just do a google search "peta against wild animals as pets" and you will see what I am talking about.
I don't know about you, but not one member of their group has ever shown up at my door to see how my babies are faring.

Peta is against any animal being kept as a pet... wild or domesticated...
Nueter untill they are none... doesn't mean rescues, it means pets.
Posted By: Mel2mdl

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dranger1108
Originally Posted By: Trigger

Peta is against any animal being kept as a pet... wild or domesticated...
Nueter untill they are none... doesn't mean rescues, it means pets.

Try googling Peta kills pets...

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 08:56 PM

Yes - because the PETA extremists believe that any animal is better off dead than in captivity.
Posted By: Mel2mdl

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/08/08 08:58 PM

This is a G link:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/06/23/EDG11DC9BK1.DTL

Interesting facts on PETA... but really sad, too.

Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 04:31 AM

Missouri State Bill 1847
Please sign the petition..don't let them take our gliders!

Here is the petition against the missouri house bill i was signature 481 we are trying to get at least 1000!

the petition site missouri 1847 petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-missouri-house-bill-1847-urgent

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 04:51 AM

I had signed it earlier.

They whole idea is just ridiculous!

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 04:56 AM

I signed.....this bill is just so backwards! frown
Posted By: Caldwell

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 04:59 AM

I signed the petition.I hope it doesn't pass.I wish the government would worry more about other things going on in the world and quite trying to take more of our rights away from us.

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 05:06 AM

yeah they really need to stop taking our freedom to own things and to have free will they seem to forget that freedom is something that america is suppose to promise but it seems each day they try more and more to pass things to take our freedoms away from us.

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 05:46 AM

I signed also.
We need to go on other forums and let others know too.
Like the chins and quills site... parakeets site... those.
I'm sure they don't want to loose there pets either.
My computer is acting up and keeps closing. I will get to those when I can get my computer working but the more the better.
I can't imagine loosing my pets.

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 06:02 AM

Yes and post it on your local and big city craigslists in the pet section..I saw one posted in st.louis it tells all the info and hasa link to the petition

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 07:19 AM

Ive started getting letters out to our represenatives here in missouri and also our united states represenatives to help stop this bill from happening.

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 09:48 AM

God I never knew that about Peta! Ridiculous!!!
Boy do they know how to put a spin on there advertisements!
Posted By: konotashi

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: charmedwsugars
God I never knew that about Peta! Ridiculous!!!
Boy do they know how to put a spin on there advertisements!

I didn't know that either, and I COMPLETELY agree! cry tant
Posted By: GliderGuy93

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/09/08 01:14 PM

PETA sounds like Perfect Pocket Pets. cry I can't believe the spite in some people, tring to take away our sweet little family members. tant
Posted By: KayKay

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/10/08 04:28 PM

Okay, I just signed it and e-mailed the info to all the my friends and family that live in MO.

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/10/08 06:09 PM

Well Ive started getting letters back from some of the represenatives Ive already contacted on this bill will be working on the rest of them this week.This is the worse kind of bill possible that they can enforce and pass.And What state will be next .If it passes in missouri you can bet others will follow.

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/10/08 07:17 PM

I just signed it myself. I cannot believe they are now trying to tell us what type of animal we can have. Its just not right how much power some people have. I don't get why they would even try to get this into law. I realize I do not live in MO but I don't want my state or any other telling who can own what type of pets.

Re: Today its MO Tomorrow it could be your Stat e! - 03/10/08 08:33 PM

I have a friend whos friend houses 19 rescue monkeys. She takes all the time out of her life to give these primates a better life. PETA found out where she lived and protested out in front of her house for 30 days. She was forced to move. None of them even took the time to realize what she was doing. How she was giving abused animals a second chance. Fixing others mistakes! They could never survive out in the wild after what they had been through but PETA thinks just that....Dead over captivity! How narrow minded could you be?
Posted By: princessmegi

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/18/08 11:08 AM

This is the woman who introduced this bill. Write not only your Representatives, but her also. Also, I will be writing my Senators just in case this does pass the house when the time comes.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills081/member/mem039.htm
Posted By: princessmegi

Re: STOP MISSOURI HOUSE BILL 1847 *URGENT* - 03/18/08 11:11 AM

She in in KC...Would anyone be able to schedule an appt to meet with her if she has the time and bring a glider in with them??? Would this help or hurt our chances do you think?

I thought everyone would like to know - 03/19/08 08:18 AM

Who has proposed and is trying to get House Bill 1847 passed in the state of missouri .Is the democrate Beth Low Her name is the one who has proposed this bill for our great state.She represents the district 39 which is Kansas City .So maybe everyone whos located in missouri would like to contact her to get her to change her mind at pushing this bill through.

This is being proposed to come in effect in august of this coming year so we really need to work to get this stopped.
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: I thought everyone would like to know - 03/19/08 12:53 PM

Even though I don't live in Missouri yet, I'm hoping to move there summer next year, so I'm going to write to her, because if this passes, there's no way I'll move there upset

Re: I thought everyone would like to know - 03/19/08 06:57 PM

These two women are the co-sponsors of the bill, btw

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills081/member/mem138.htm
http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills081/member/mem072.htm

Re: I thought everyone would like to know - 03/19/08 07:20 PM

I think they should find something better to put their passion into besides taking away our civil rights to own what pets we decide is good for our families.Theres sure more things that need more attention and need passed then this.Its awful when we live in a free country when it becomes apparent that free is not what it should be.

Re: I thought everyone would like to know - 03/24/08 09:58 PM

Today I recieved an email from the office of Sara Lampe regarding this house bill thought I would share it with everyone its a great thing I think for all of us.

Dear Tammy,

Representative Sara Lampe is well aware of the drafting errors in HB

The bill sponsor has not requested the bill be assigned to committee, a
necessary step for it to become law. The legislation is essentially
dead.

Sincerely,

Kelly Schultz
Office of Representative Sara Lampe
573-751-1460
sara.lampe@house.mo.gov
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: I thought everyone would like to know - 03/24/08 11:23 PM

I received the same one, hoping it's true, because I really want to be able to move there next summer!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL