GliderCENTRAL

USDA licence.... on the way....

Posted By: krysKritters

USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 08:55 PM

dance Yeah, I am so happy my USDA paperwork should be here soon! Although from what I hear, it may take a long, long time.... dunno

How long did you wait to recieve your USDA packet?
Anyone got any useful advice for me? Helpful hints?
What do they look for? I think I am all set but I don't know what specifically they want to see. confused

I have wanted to get licenced forever but I never qualified but now I do! grin
Posted By: pebbles1975

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 08:57 PM

Yeah I called to mine but they said since i only have two females that i didn't need to get one.
Posted By: reeny

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 08:59 PM

I don't know how long the process take. I applied on line twice and finally called weeks ago but still haven't received my packet. I even called last week and left another message. Need to call them again.

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 09:02 PM

Yes, I called about 2 weeks ago but I though I've heard people say it took forever for them to get thiers.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 09:19 PM

They will check your cages to make sure the size is adequate and they may ask to see a glider or two to make sure they are healthy.
Also I would make sure all of your supplies are labeled with contents.

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 10:23 PM

Congrats Krys! clap

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 11:31 PM

i thought you werent breeding any more?

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 11:51 PM

I am not currently breeding. (Leo has been nuetered & Comet is by himself.)

I do have the 2 sisters that I got from Lynsie... Originally I wanted to pair them into a trio with my Comet. (They are not yet, as they are to young.)
I was concidering breeding them for a year or two. (Eclipse is a WT/WF het & Stardust is a WF/WT het, Comet is a WF Champagne.) I think they would be some amazingly beautiful joeys.
I know I may not need the license because even if I do decide to let the girls be with Comet, I might not sell any joeys. I haven't fully decided yet but I thought it better to be prepared. Right now I am taking my time to bond fully to my new girls and enjoy all my gliders. smile

Posted By: GliderLove

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/12/08 11:59 PM

off_topic I thought there were was no such thing as a WF het?

And congrats on your new girls too! mlove

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/13/08 12:16 AM

Yes me too but Eclipse doesn't have a WF and her sister does, so I guess that is proof that there can be a WF het.
Posted By: Darlene

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/13/08 12:18 AM

Congrats Krys'. & Good Luck. thumb
Posted By: Bubbles8i8

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/13/08 05:22 AM

Originally Posted By: krysKritters
Yes me too but Eclipse doesn't have a WF and her sister does, so I guess that is proof that there can be a WF het.

There is no het for WF. smile WF parents can produce standard grays and WF joeys in the same litter. The grays would still not be WF hets.

I believe they can be het for WT, though.

You have to have more than 3 breeding females to qualify for USDA licensure. They will not even send you the packet if you do not have 4 or more breeding females, according to the man I talked to at the Raleigh, NC USDA office.

I got my packet within a week after I spoke to the man at the USDA office and told him that I had the required amount of females.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 03/13/08 06:21 AM

Bubbles is correct.

There has to be one parent with a WF to produce WF joeys. Even if both parents have WF, they can still have grey joeys. There IS no such thing as WF Het.

Yes, there definately is WT Hets!

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 08/21/08 08:07 PM

OMG, alright I know you guys said it can take a logn time to recieve your packet btu this is crazy!
I STILL have NOT recieved it!
I called again and the guy said for whatever reason I am not in the computer but he has mailed me another packet....
Everybody cross your fingers for round 2.
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 08/22/08 12:30 AM

Krys, you're not the only one waiting! I've been waiting since April for my packet tant
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 08/22/08 12:38 AM

Who do I contact for Indiana?

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 08/22/08 01:26 AM

Becki, I would call again to be sure you are in the computer system.

Suggiemom_1980...
Quote:
Eastern Region:
Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Info:
USDA, APHIS, AC
920 Main Campus Dr. Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27606
919-855-7100
Fax: 919-716-5696

Re: USDA licence.... on the way.... - 08/22/08 04:37 AM

I called the middle of last month Krys, I'm just going to keep bugging them until they get sick of me and send me my packet, lol

USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 08/28/08 09:03 PM

dance It's here! It's here! dance
...well the application is anyway.
OK, now I need help. I skimmed through it (plan on sitting down to go through and actually read it all tonight after the kids are in bed) but I have questions!
...like they have a dogs & cats area... do I have to list my dogs & cats? Vet records for dogs & cats? My other critters? I thought it was only the exotics in the house??? confused
Anyone wanna help me make sense of everything? I really don't wanna mess it up (the paperwork).

Re: USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 08/28/08 11:14 PM

you have to list all the critters in the house that are USDA regulated, which includes your dogs and cats. Mine should be here any time too

Re: USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 08/29/08 02:04 PM

Ok, so I talked to my neighbor/friend, (he is an ASPCA Officer) and his coworker, a USDA inspector will be over his house today. He invited me over to talk to him.
Yeah, So I may get to talk to a USDA inspector before I get my inspection! Cool!
Hopefully, I will be a little less nervous then....
I am really not worried about my gliders or their housing, I am worried that I'll mess up the paperwork part of it. Not have something I need or fill something out wrong... crazy

Well, I didn't get to talk with the USDA guy frown He had to leave sooner than he thought... so I guess I am on my own.... Oh well.

Re: USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 09/21/08 05:01 AM

my packet is finally here dance now to get it all filled out and line up the vet inspection and all that fun stuff..
Posted By: Suggiegramma

Re: USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 09/21/08 05:31 AM

I applied online and got my packet within two weeks.

Re: USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 09/22/08 05:05 AM

wow, that was quick Virginia! I applied online in April and called several times between then and the beginning of this month, and I just finally got my packet!

Re: USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 09/22/08 05:30 AM

I guess cause you're in a different district than I am. The West is just faster! LOL roflmao

Re: USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 09/22/08 08:50 PM

didn't realize you were west.. but yeah, mine did come out of NC tounge

Re: USDA licence application .... is HERE! - 09/25/08 02:16 AM

Yeah, for some reason Missouri is in the Western District...
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL