GliderCENTRAL

Gliders in PA

Posted By: Anonymous

Gliders in PA - 11/15/08 08:36 PM

I'm from Pennsylvania and I was wondering what steps do I have to take to try to help make suggies legal in Pa. I've been reading stuff on suggies for a long time and was just shocked to find out they weren't legal in pa. I mean my tattoo artist is allowed to own cobras, vipers, and many other venomous snakes... none of which are devenomized... nor does he need to have any type of permit to own these animals.. these snakes can kill people... so what is the problem with suggies? They are harmless mammals.. they make very loyal pets... I mean if suggies are illegal then i believe that hamsters and guinea pigs and such pets like that should be illegal as well.. these animals have more of a chance to bite than a suggie.. and suggies have more of a personality from what I've read than any other animal out there really. So please please please let me know what I can do to battle my state about this nonsense.

Re: Gliders in PA - 11/15/08 08:59 PM

Ktanner, that's the million dollar question, but PA is very unforgiving when it comes to suggie ownership. VERY unforgiving. You can also own a pet raccoon there, a rabies vector animal that can carry a brain eating parasite, but hey, better not get caught with a cute lil ol' suggie....LOL

Re: Gliders in PA - 11/16/08 01:15 PM

PA is one of the toughest states due to animals they have outlawed - when I moved to PA from FL I took a quaker parrot and couldn't tell anyone I had her due to the f act that they are not allowed in PA - I would start with a congressman from your district and get as much information about gliders as I could and combine it all in a leaflet and give it to him or her and go from there - I'd love to see PA back up on their law's a little - like I stated in another post - I raised glider's in PA but sold them in Jersey when my mom was alive - now I'm in FL and have no problem's at all -

Good luck and please keep us informed

Beezer
Posted By: Feather

Re: Gliders in PA - 11/17/08 02:50 AM

Get in touch with the congress man that helped get Sugar Gliders made legal in GA. Maybe he could write a compelling letter to the legislators in PA.

Good Luck on thiss.

I have some of those illegal, nasty habitate ruining Quaker Parrots. I have a whole list of states that I will not live in due to my babies.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Gliders in PA - 11/17/08 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: beezer
PA is one of the toughest states due to animals they have outlawed - when I moved to PA from FL I took a quaker parrot and couldn't tell anyone I had her due to the f act that they are not allowed in PA -

A quaker parrot??? What's wrong with a cute little bird?

Re: Gliders in PA - 11/17/08 03:06 AM

Any ideas on what that guys name is? I don't really know the first thing about talking to anyone in the government at all. Nor how to find them.

Re: Gliders in PA - 11/17/08 03:25 AM

I just left a post on a miata forum i go to with the petition and info about sugar gliders on it and such to try to get more signatures on that petition smile
Posted By: tngliderlover

Re: Gliders in PA - 11/17/08 05:52 AM

The Senator responsible for the legalization of gliders in Georgia is John Bulloch. Here is his government website to contact him through:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2005_06/senate/bullochbio.htm
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL