GliderCENTRAL

New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit?

Posted By: Anonymous

New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 04:15 AM

Hi, I live in NJ and I am getting a few suggies in the next month or so. I have tried to research if they are legal in NJ, but everything came up as "unknown." Can some one please direct me to a good link or tell me if they are legal or illegal here?
Also, if they do provide permits, can you please tell me more about what it is for, and how to get one? Answer ASAP?
Thank you! smile
Posted By: 6102

Re: New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 04:37 AM

They are legal, you just have to get a wildlife permit. It is like $10 or $20. I will find the link for you in my emails.

Re: New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 04:42 AM

I'm sure others will answer also but here is a link for the New Jersey permit. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/xotic_hobby.pdf The permit is for owning an exotic animal. The site list everything in that catagory.

So they are legal with a permit. There are many that do not have it which is sad since it's only $10. I feel with the more gliders showing up a crack down could come any day and some people could lose their babies and/or get nice fines.

Hope this helps. Good luck on the search.
Posted By: wildlifeangel

Re: New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 08:19 AM

I'm not sure which states had the issue, but I was under the impression that some of the "permit only" states NEVER issue the permits, so they are as good as illegal.

Hopefully it wasn't NJ and you can get the permit.
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 08:31 AM

they are legal BUT you must have a permit.

call the wildlife and game office at 908-735-5450
it is $10 a year. You need to renew every year. And you are only allowed a certain number of females. the girls in the office are very nice.

when you get the permit, read it carefully. There are alot of regulations regarding a "controlled species"

Re: New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 08:39 AM

Thay are legal n if U don't have more than 3 prs I don't believe U need a permit -

Sue
owned by
Posted By: Lisa21F

Re: New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 12:15 PM

Hey Oliviaa!

where in NJ are u? Im in North Jersey (Wayne area) & am a relatively new suggie owner (2 months) Im still waiting on my permit.

Lisa
Posted By: Dancing

Re: New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 02:09 PM

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/exotic_apps.htm

Re: New Jersey? Legal? Illegal? Permit? - 09/06/10 03:56 PM

Okay, thanks for the links every one, you all helped a lot!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL