GliderCENTRAL

INDIANA - PART 2

Posted By: sugarlope

INDIANA - PART 2 - 11/20/07 08:50 PM

Read Part I
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/02/08 11:30 PM

I am in Indianapolis, IN. I am still pretty new so I am not sure if I am supposed to include anything other than just location. My great Glider Central elders...please forgive the newbie if messed up the thread!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/02/08 09:07 PM

Hello from Southport (Indianapolis)! Mimi and I are very glad to see so many other Hoosiers on this board!

Let's hope the weather stays like it is today (60ish degrees and sunny)!

*Joshua (JT)
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/03/08 02:07 AM

Welcome to GC, Joshua! wave

You've come to a good place to learn a LOT about gliders, rant about whatever gets under your fur or theirs, and share lots and lots of ups and downs!

There are lots of activities everywhere with us "slaves", and we LOVE to meet one another and share PICTURES!! I hope you saw that there's an INDIANA GET-TOGETHER in April. All you need to do is come to ONE function & you'll meet a WHOLE BUNCH of new friends!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have...we're all here to HELP and SHARE and CARE.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 05/16/08 04:24 PM

Hi Seymour Indiana here...born and raised. mlove I love it and will never move. My suggies love it too!!! heart

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 05/16/08 05:05 PM

I lived in North Vernon most of my teenage years, went to grade school and all the way through my senior year there. Been to Seymour a bunch of times!

Also lived in Madison a few years, my oldest son was born there.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 05/16/08 05:49 PM

Just checking in with my fellow Hoosiers. wave Dave and I seem to keep moving around a lot, but we always stick close to home. Yay Indiana! (lol) We lived in Terre Haute for four years, and then moved to Evansville for four years. We had JUST moved to Lafayette when Dave had his accident, so now we're back toward the Terre Haute area, (Clinton, for now). We hope to get back to Lafayette ONE day though.

Welcome to the board new Hoosiers. hug2

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 05/19/08 07:59 PM

Im new to this site but Im in Greenwood, INdiana.
about 15 minutes south of downtown Indianapolis.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 05/19/08 08:32 PM

I live in North Vernon, before that I lived in Seymour for 14 years, before that I lived in Crothersville and Brownstown (all in Jackson county except North Vernon). I used to work in Franklin near Greenwood.
I am currently preparing to either move back to Seymour or to Columbus to be closer to work.
I doubt I will ever leave Indiana, there's no place like home! I know because I spent a couple of years in California and Texas. I missed home like crazy!
So much for my life's history....anyone else have any history to share?
Posted By: Joey143

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 08/14/08 04:03 PM

I'm from Fort Wayne IN. YaY?

Not a Suggie Mommy ...... Yet!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 08/19/08 07:52 PM

I'm from Indy myself...

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/08/08 05:55 PM

Noblesville Indiana here.
Posted By: tlkngfethrs1

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/19/08 02:20 PM

Fort Wayne here!
and found out my wonderful vet DOES take Suggie's!!!
Happy dance here!
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/19/08 02:28 PM

I'm from Vincennes, right on the IN/IL border. I have two wonderful vets.

Dr. Henry from Evansville. She is the vet for the exotics at the Evansville Zoo.

The other is actually in IL but it's a 20 min drive from here. Dr. Collins. She's not an exotic vet but she has cared for suggies over the years, is caring, willing to learn, does tons of research, consults with the exotic vets from here and actually listens to what I want for my suggies.

Anyone live close by me?
Posted By: Darlene

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/21/08 01:18 AM

Just popping in to say Hi to you hoosiers. wave
I was born/ raised in Rushville/Connersville. After getting out of school I lived in Fort Wayne for about 2 yrs. Then sadly I found myself in Kentucky,lol. But it's not so bad here after I got use to it. Been here for about 19 yrs now,lol.
But 'o how I do miss the Hoosier state. I visit often as I still have bros/sis' & other family still there.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/21/08 01:23 AM

Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! shock I call the Summit City my hometown that I refuse to leave!!!!

Which vet do you use, Talking Feathers? I know of 2 here in Ft. Wayne, but would LOVE to know if there are more...

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/24/08 04:52 PM

Hey all Kenny up in Anderson, Indiana just north of Indy. I drive truck for a living and take my little guy along from time to time.

I make a weekly trip from Indianapolis to Hartwell, GA and back. Leave out Sunday mornings and get back late Monday nights so if someone needs a glider transported along the way I can help. Generally I run along I-74, 75, 40, 26, 25 and 85 through IN, OH, KY, TN, NC, SC & GA.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/25/08 02:40 PM

Hey..Noblesville here. Thats nice of you to offer a transport. Welcome..I don't say much here..just lots of reading.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/22/09 02:37 AM

Greetings, From Salem! I know exactly where Seymour is!! Been there hundreds of times!!! dance

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/22/09 03:36 AM

Hi, I am in Martinsville, right between Indy and Bloomington smile

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/30/09 10:21 PM

Hi! I'm from Evansville, IN on the border on Indiana and Kentucky. I was referred to Dr. Henry as well and she's in constant practice with exotics since she works for the zoo!
Posted By: flutterbye

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/30/09 10:32 PM

I am in Camby...great to see so many hoosiers.....

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 04/03/09 01:34 AM

hey from warsaw

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 07/31/09 04:32 AM

hey!
just checking out IN, I live in SC but go to school up at Rose Hulman in T.H. anyone know the school its kinda small?

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/15/09 03:11 PM

Hey from Fort Wayne! :-)

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/15/09 04:01 PM

Hey, Alm0728! I live in the Summit City too! dance Our numbers are increasing, one by one!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/16/09 12:35 AM

No one from Mishawaka/South Bend yet? Not surprising I guess, I think I'm the only person here that's ever heard of a sugar glider! It's a shame, but my babies and I shall educate them all!! laugh

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/16/09 02:15 AM

You have FUN with that, Tiffany! thumb Be prepared for a quick trip to someplace like PetSmart or Petco turning into an hour-long "show and tell" thing! roflmao And remember to include truths such as "they're NOT as easy as hamsters or gerbils to maintain" "they take a LOT of time to tame" "they're expensive, they pee & poo where THEY want, and yes they CAN bite---they do have teeth after all!"

You're probably closer to ValKyrie'sMom than you are to me, but some day we GOTTA do a Hoosier Glider Gathering!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/16/09 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: minkasmom

You're probably closer to ValKyrie'sMom than you are to me, but some day we GOTTA do a Hoosier Glider Gathering!

That would be awesome!!!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/16/09 07:23 PM

I agree, hoosier glider day would be a BLAST!
Posted By: tlkngfethrs1

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/16/09 10:47 PM

Welcome Alm0728!! I too am in the Fort!!!

Quote:
but some day we GOTTA do a Hoosier Glider Gathering!

And I agree we NEED to do a Indy weekend/Gathering/HUGE Hugs/You name it!! :elaugh: LOL..

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/30/09 05:09 PM

Fort Wayne here.

I've had my two gliders for about 3 months now. PPP was at the mall over Labor Day.

-Matt
Posted By: Dancing

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/30/09 05:48 PM

I have it on good authority that there were glider people there doing counter measures against PPP too. Many got persuaded to not buy from them and others that already had were given good info on their new babies.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/30/09 07:58 PM

Not sure if your statement is simply a statement or intended as a dig against PPP or me for purchasing from PPP.

I was there both Sunday and Monday and I was not approached by anyone with conflicting information. Had I known what I know now, I probably would have passed but what's done is done and I'm trying to make the best of it.

Correction to my earlier post, it has been 3 weeks not 3 months.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/30/09 09:37 PM

I'm in Fishers, Indiana so not far from Indianapolis! I would totally be in for a Hoosier gathering! Glad to see so many Indianaians on the board!

Yes unofrtunately PPP has sold many gliders around here. I've taken in Five PPP gliders myself, after their owners have found them too much to handle. Kudos to you, BoilerFanMatt, for joining here and doing your research. I don't think Dancing was intending to offend anyone, just mentioning that there were Hoosiers trying to prevent PPP from selling babies to unknowing owners.
Posted By: Heathr6913

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/07/09 06:03 AM

i'm from Fort Wayne, too. I'm actually surprised to see so many people from around here.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 11/01/09 06:43 PM

I'm from Lafayette. I think I've only seen one sugar glider in my whole city. That would be mine! lol.

But I do have a question.
Is anyone planning on attending the Ohio gather this coming weekend?
Posted By: Zeki

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 11/01/09 06:49 PM

Were having a Gathering In Indianapolis Indiana In May.. Hosted by Me and Denise and My Husband.. Yay!!!!!!!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 11/02/09 02:18 AM

Awesome! I'd love to attend and help out in any ways possible! Please keep us posted!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 02/07/10 04:52 AM

In Evansville, In. Don't have sugar gliders yet, but preparing for it. Was wondering if there were any breeders nearby, otherwise I'm probably going to adopt two from Harp's Exotic Pets as most of their review online for other pets seems to be pretty positive.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 02/07/10 06:06 AM

Please don't buy gliders from them! You wouldn't believe what they feed their gliders! Including, but not limited to, CAT FOOD! And not the zoo cat food either! They also don't have lineage on their gliders and refuse to tell me where they get them from. I've tried talking to them and they just get defensive. They do great with the rest of their animals! Just not gliders!

PM me and we'll talk about getting you gliders! I live an hour away from you!

Oh! Welcome to GC!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 02/10/10 02:15 PM

I live in indy right by carmel no idea so many people from indiana were on here YAY!
Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 02/18/10 02:34 PM

triamthegreat, are you still looking for gliders?

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/12/10 08:23 AM

Yes, I'm getting ready to adopt two from Connie, Eragon and Saphira. Can't wait!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/17/10 03:31 AM

Congratulations on your new additons! My mom grew up in Newburgh and we still have family there, so I visit Evansville often!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/17/10 03:04 PM

You should see how prepared he is!!!! OMGosh! These babies are going to be sooooooo spoiled! He's done a super fantastic job and I know my babies are going to a great home! We're planning on this Sunday!
Posted By: dizzyblue

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 08/18/10 02:01 AM

Richmond,indiana here
however i was born way down in Alabama,lived in Kentucky and now i'm planted here until I finish college

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 08/18/10 12:45 PM

Hi Cynthia!

So glad to see you here!

Cynthia is going to adopt two of my rescues and is working very hard to get everything they need to be happy and healthy! The love is a given! LOL!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/28/10 03:50 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm in Evansville. I don't have any suggies yet, but I am working on getting everything set up to get some in the near future. I'm definately going to take the hint to visit Dr. Henry once I do.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/28/10 04:17 PM

Welcome to GC! You're gonna love Dr Henry. She's the exotic vet for Meskers Zoo. She has a great bedside manner and is great with suggies. Keep in mind tho, she doesn't have emergency hours and refers you to an emergency clinic that does not have glider experience. You'll need to find an emergency vet.

I'm an hour away from you in Vincennes!
Posted By: dizzyblue

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/28/10 08:57 PM

Wheres Doc Henry located, i'm still considering two vets.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/29/10 01:33 AM

She's on the North side of E'ville. It's called Epperson Vet Clinic but Dr Epperson died a long time ago.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/15/10 07:02 PM

I'm glad to see more people in Indiana particularly the southern part. It makes my hopes for a more local gathering seem possible.
Posted By: becpop

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/19/10 02:48 PM

Yea, I would love to go to a gathering in southern IN

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/23/10 01:44 AM

It would be awesome to have a Southern Indiana gathering! How many people are from this area? Maybe we can plan a small gathering!
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/23/10 05:31 PM

This is just a friendly note to remind everyone that the State Roll Call is only to be used to let us know where you are.

Please create new topics in the appropriate forums and refrain from posting in the State Roll Call.

Thank you for understanding.
Posted By: Rubym

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 11/22/10 12:00 AM

I am in southern Indiana. About 35 minutes North of Louisville Ky

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/03/11 02:30 AM

Hey I am from Indianapolis!! Hello all in Indiana!!! smile

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 02/28/11 04:20 AM

I am not only in central Indiana, but I can travel.
Posted By: Trena

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/29/11 09:38 AM

Connersville, Indiana here I've had my Rickety for about a month and a half and I'm planing on getting more. I love my time with my little guy. Would love to attend a gathering for all of us Indiana Suggie lovers.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 04/04/11 02:32 PM

Reminder for everyone here that State Roll Call is to say hello and introduce yourselves. For other topics (i.e. gatherings, etc), please read and post in the appropriate forums!

Thanks!!!!

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 05/24/11 10:56 PM

Hi! I'm new and located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Nice to meet everyone! smile

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 08/11/11 11:17 PM

Hey all! Checking in from Brownsburg just west of indy. New to this forum so bear with me
Posted By: Kyra

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 12/10/11 05:48 PM

Atlanta, IN here :D Rocky and I love it here! It's like mayberry
Posted By: mandymarleann

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/14/12 10:56 PM

Ft. Wayne, is where I am located
Posted By: fuzzbuttsmommy

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/17/12 09:15 AM

Hello all. Rensselaer In. here. Im between Merrillville In and Lafayette In. grin
Posted By: mandymarleann

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/17/12 12:22 PM

I'm from Decatur, 20 min south of fort Wayne

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/22/12 04:05 PM

Hi all, I am in Thorntown IN
Posted By: SuggieTori

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 01/24/12 05:23 PM

I'm here in Mishawaka/South Bend area. I'd love to chat with anyone local about my glider babies!
Posted By: kamarlow

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 05/10/12 01:15 PM

Noblesville, In here. I have three gliders!!! Love them!!!
Posted By: cwade

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 06/06/12 01:32 AM

I'm new to the site. From Delphi, Indiana just moved from Lafayette and originally from Logansport
Posted By: fuzzbuttsmommy

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 06/06/12 02:37 AM

welcome to glider central. Get ahold of me. I'm only 20 minutes from you
Posted By: cwade

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 06/07/12 03:08 PM

Sent ya a pm fuzzybuttsmommy
Posted By: BrendaR

Re: IOWA - 09/23/12 09:15 PM

I'm from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Have had my baby boy Aien for a few weeks now and am anxiously awaiting getting his cousin very soon! New to gliders and LOVING this little guy!!!
Posted By: oct

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 09/28/12 07:51 PM

Cro and I are in Indianapolis, though he lived in Atlanta for several years before we got married. This is our second week being glider parents. smile

Our two baby girl joeys – Fuchsbau & Jagerbar – are nearly 11 weeks OOP now, and from Illinois. smile The breeder drove halfway to Indy to meet us.
Posted By: animalloversmw

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/05/12 04:56 PM

Im in mishawaka/south bend area! smile I have three gliders! smile
Posted By: animalloversmw

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/05/12 05:04 PM

Hey i'm from mishawaka too! smile
Posted By: Pookies_Mommy

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 11/10/12 01:40 PM

Muncie, Indiana. Just moved here in April from Texas
Posted By: danmarie

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 11/18/12 01:10 AM

Hello smile I am Danielle and my boyfriend Dean and we am from Greensburg Indiana. We are still very new to owning sugar gliders. We have Mia (white face) and Rocky (Leu). We got them from a lady in KY who was very very wonderful it was a blessing we got to meet with her. we also have 2 Australian Shepards, 1 cat, 6 bearded dragons and 4 crested geckos. and now proud parents of 2 sugar gliders smile
Posted By: lwhitesel33

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 11/18/12 01:25 AM

From Muncie, Indiana. Still not sure how to navigate on here. We have 2 beautiful gliders, Remy is our little 4 month old girl and Gunner is our 3 month old little guy. I just love these little cuties so much!!!
Posted By: indybrett

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/08/13 07:38 PM

New owner, I have 2 gliders.

Xylo - 4months old
Jarvis - year old

Indianapolis Native!
Posted By: mskeebster

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/08/13 07:48 PM

Future Glider Mommy here from Muncie, IN! Joined GC to learn about gliders and am loving the community!

I'm also a Mom to 3 Shar Pei and 1 Chihuahua <3
Posted By: heidilynn22

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 04/02/13 08:23 PM

Evansville here!
Posted By: TinyTott

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 08/28/13 10:08 PM

La Porte, IN here- Probably one of the more Northern people- I live MAYBE 15 minutes from the MI border, hahaha wink
Posted By: SugarMomma79

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 02/22/14 07:51 PM

I am from Elkhart IN and I am a new mom to Chibbs a white faced boy that I have had for a week today
Posted By: haleysbaby

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/15/14 03:52 AM

Hi from Fort Wayne! My baby is oop, I will be getting my first baby boy very soon and am already preparing for a second! Let me know about any good breeders around us! I have quite the drive for my first one (but totally worth it!)
Posted By: BrendaR

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/16/14 03:14 AM

Hi Haley, Welcome! I'm in Fort Wayne as well! I have five...Started with our first little boy about a year and a half ago. There are a few of us around these parts smile Let me know if I can help with anything...
Posted By: DeannaLynn

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 10/13/14 12:53 PM

New suggie mommy here from rochester, indiana.....between mishawaka/south Bend and Kokomo.
Posted By: CarrieP

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 12/06/14 05:20 AM

Hi! I am located in SW Indiana close to Terre Haute. I just recently became a suggie slave for 2 gliders, Jasper & Alice.
Posted By: Twixy_

INDIANA - 03/27/15 05:52 AM

I live in Indiana with my Three kids and my wonderful Glider Twixy. I am still trying to soak up all the information I can about her to give her the best life possible. I am a RN and currently off work due to injury so i have LOTS of free time on my hands to help bond with her.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/27/15 06:07 AM

Hello fellow Hoosiers!! I am from Indianapolis, and currently have 1 glider, Twixy. I am New here but great to see Im not alone.

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 03/27/15 07:04 PM

Does anyone know of any Rescues here in our state?
Posted By: Colleen

Re: INDIANA - PART 2 - 08/16/16 08:46 PM

Greenwood Indiana
Posted By: SpyderByte

From Ohio to Indiana - 03/13/17 12:29 PM

Hello all. We are from Indianapolis, Indiana, and just re-homed a couple of young neutered males from Troy, Ohio. Thanks for all of the good info provided by the group prior to us adopting them yesterday. Cheers.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL