GliderCENTRAL

ALABAMA - Part 2

Posted By: sugarlope

ALABAMA - Part 2 - 02/28/09 02:41 AM

Read Part 1
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 04/13/09 05:00 AM

Hi everybody. I'm originally from Dothan, but currently live in Troy. Would love to find others in the area.

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 04/13/09 10:12 AM

HI Amanda... My name is Abby. I am in Prattville. That is just north of Montgomery. I have 3 gliders. ALL female. Shana and Shelby were rehomed from a wonderful lady in Texas that was too sick to continue to take care of them and Shiloh is a 19 week oop rescue.

I joined this site to find others in our area. I am a member of another site but noticed there were never ppl from my area and just wanted to seek some out. It's nice to meet you!

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 04/15/09 06:25 AM

It's nice to meet you too. I never new sugar gliders were so popular until I stumbled onto this website. It's nice to meet others out there that share the same joy in these little creatures. smile

I know exactly where Prattville is. I went to the House of Crosses and crossed over 13 bridges one night. It was pretty creepy.

I am about to have three little boys. I have one right now, and I leave in about 7 hours to pick the other two up near Huntsville. Long drive, but well worth it.
Posted By: wfryatt

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 06/16/09 06:09 AM

I've just taken my Glider addiction to a whole new level last weekend and bought a Quad pair (1 male and 3 female) with 6 Joeys IP.

Anyone want to have a Gulf Coast or Alabama Club, Get together ??? I'm more than willing to help out..

Also anyone thinking about going to SGGA?
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 01/21/10 01:07 PM

Alabama folks, ya'll are more than welsome to come down to the GA gathering in Florida... the website for Glideritis Anonymous (name of the gathering) is in my signature

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 01/29/10 11:07 PM

Here in Loxley,AL. Looking for Suggies to call my own. Preference is Neutered male/Female pair. Age is of no importance (1-5) Still do want a few good years. I would like them to be Tame. I will settle for somewhat Tame but don't want biters ; ) If you know of any rescues locally that would be great too. can't travel much. Thanks for any help!!
Posted By: zookeeper18

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 02/01/10 10:42 PM

Hey Mum! I'm in North AL, where is Loxley? I have 3 joeys left, just got Dad neutered. Welcome to GC!

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 02/02/10 05:48 AM

Yes I think we talked on the other Forum. Thanks!! I look forward to meeting you. Do I need to send a deposit? LOL!!
Posted By: zenjenn

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 03/02/10 02:16 PM

I'm new to gliders and live in Huntsville! I'm actually buying my two joeys (Adam & Apple's joeys) from zookeepper18 two posts above me. :)I should be driving down this weekend to meet her and her fur babies.

We will be taking home our two white-faced blondes in mid-April and we couldn't be more excited. This will be at first pet experience for our family. I was a dog owner in my youth, but my husband has a LOT of animal allergies and asthma related problems... fortunately we discovered he can tolerate sugar gliders!

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 04/25/10 10:08 AM

Hey everyone.. my name is Eric and I'm from Birmingham 8) Have two girls since last fall (Naira & Kaiya). Hope everyone is doing well smile

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 05/07/10 01:40 AM

Hi guys..Loxley is down close to Gulf Shores, although that's not my location..go thru that area when traveling to the beach. I'm in a town called Sylacauga, just out of Birmingham about 30 minutes...(South of it)

We just recently got 2 gliders (boy babies, 5-month old twins) and are VERY pleased with our gliders. We look forward to many years of happiness with our new little ones, and already are enjoying them, even though the bonding is just beginning. I have already been able to see the difference in the brothers, (one is outspoken and curious, the other is shy and laid back)...
But they are very precious and my wife is falling for them too. I'm an animal lover and I'm the one who turned my wife onto getting these little guys after many nights of research with my laptop while she was doing some schoolwork..I decided that this was the ideal pet for a very loving home, and we are more than happy with our investment..I wish I could take hundred of the babies..but i'm going to be just as happy with my 2 boys.
Posted By: Cyndie88

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 06/17/10 04:07 PM

New to the boards and we live down here in Ozark, Al. Just got our first sugar glider and we love her to death. Looking for a vet in our area that is familiar with sugar gliders...any suggestions??

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 09/25/10 02:14 AM

Hi everyone. I am in Gardendale which is just north of Birmingham. I have one 15 month old standard grey male and I am currently looking for him a cagemate.However, due to current financial issues, I cant afford much more than $50. Please PM me if you or anyone you know has something available.
Posted By: bdonald25

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 09/25/10 02:27 AM

I'm in Long Beach, MS and would love to network with the Alabama group near Mobile. We are about 1 hour from Mobile between Biloxi and LA state line.

PM me if you would like to network or open lines of communication to give each other support.

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 10/30/10 05:51 PM

I am In North Alabama In Madison

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 12/12/10 07:53 AM

I am in Vernon, Alabama smile I have 2 gliders A male (Paco) and Female (Cat) and Cat has a joey in pouch! Can't wait to see my little joey!!

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 02/03/11 01:09 AM

Hello to all!!
Donna from Gardendale, Alabama! I currently have one sweet girl; however, I'm going to MS to get her a friend this Sunday! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!
Posted By: Lexis9784

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 02/21/11 12:19 AM

I am a wannabe mommy in Auburn currently looking for my first baby if anyone knows where I may find one in the area. :-)

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 07/13/11 04:55 PM

Hi all!
I'm Stacey from Birmingham.. I have a 3 yr old female glider, Bella, and a male 1 yr old glider, Binx. Bella currently has 2 joeys IP that we haven't made a firm decision yet whether to keep or find homes for.. We'll see smile
Posted By: Momma_Lynn

ALABAMA - Part 2 - 09/17/11 06:16 PM

Momma Lynn here in Leeds, Al great to see other Alabamian's!

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 09/24/11 07:16 AM

Used to be from Pell City and boy oh boy do I miss it.

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 11/22/11 04:16 PM

I'm in Madison in North Alabama.
Posted By: clreaves07

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 11/23/11 03:10 AM

Hi guys! I live in Bay Minette, AL....just a little ways from Mobile...but I'm originally from Greenville AL.
Posted By: wfryatt

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 11/23/11 05:17 AM

There are a few of us here in Mobile, AL..
Posted By: clreaves07

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 11/23/11 08:19 AM

So I see....I'm so glad I found someone in my area.

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 12/30/11 01:02 AM

Hey guys!!!! Im from North Alabama, I live just outside of Florence.
Posted By: Mrs_Shay

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 04/10/12 11:01 PM

Hi everyone!

I live in northwest Alabama in the Muscle Shoals/Florence area.

I am getting my first sugar glider next month. I'm just waiting for her to be ready to leave her mommy. I hope to have a trio before long!

Would love to hear from others in my area!

Shay
Posted By: Lurker79

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 04/15/12 04:46 PM

Hi everyone!
We are in Prattville and currently have one new baby, but we are looking to get him a friend.
Posted By: gena

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 09/14/12 01:53 AM

Hi!
I am in Hartselle, Alabama!
Posted By: altinker

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 09/14/12 10:43 PM

Hi Gena!

I am in Gardendale, just a bit south of you.
Posted By: Jezzabella

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 09/05/13 08:40 AM

Meridianville, AL. (1 mile outside Huntsville, AL.)
owner of 3 gliders
1 male Lucious
2 females, Pikachu and Pandora
Posted By: Jessica22

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 07/24/14 02:48 AM

Hi everyone! I am a new suggie mom in Huntsville, Alabama with 2 males! I have had them for one week & they have truly stolen my heart. My boyfriend says I have them spoiled already. They deserve it! smile Especially because they are 3 years old (approximately) & I adopted them from their previous owner who could no longer care for them. They were on a pellet diet with pocket pets sprinkle calcium & had a heating rock. I have changed/removed all of that. I started them on the BML diet & we are on our way to a proper suggie life! smile

I see the last post in this thread was in 2013 so I am hoping to revive it & hear about all of the other glider parents around! smile
Posted By: altinker

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 07/24/14 03:35 PM

Hi Jessica,

I am just south of you in Gardendale. Sounds like you are off to a good start with your new babies!!

Gracie
Posted By: Ela11

Re: ALABAMA - Part 2 - 07/28/14 01:28 PM

I'm in Mobile as well!
Posted By: RobinJoy

Re: ALABAMA PART 2 - 08/21/14 12:50 AM

Montgomery, Alabama
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL