GliderCENTRAL

My newest Rescue..

Posted By: Devil_Bunny_Girl

My newest Rescue.. - 10/27/10 09:39 PM

Alright guys and dolls...

This is a first for me. I've been given gliders in some pretty dank, nasty, and downright awful conditions, but I've gotten my first rescue glider without a tail.

My heart is broken. No. Tail. At. All.

Gone.

Completely healed, but gone.

I'm curious, do I need anything different for her? More fleecey fun for climbing and playing? I'm worried she's going to glide and fall with no tail balance. Am I over-analyzing this and not giving her enough credit?

Any tips?

~Bunny~
Posted By: LSardou

Re: My newest Rescue.. - 10/27/10 09:46 PM

Many sugar gliders do perfectly fine without their tail. She doesn't require anything special, other than keeping an eye on her when she is jumping or trying to glide to make sure she doesn't injure herself.
Posted By: Devil_Bunny_Girl

Re: My newest Rescue.. - 10/27/10 09:51 PM

I was over-analyzing! laugh

I'm just so angry that she has no tail. A dog got to her, and then she was just handed over to me once she was healed.

She's so sweet and paired right up with my Derek (who I had neutered). I just wanted to make sure I gave her everything possible, like I give all the other rescues. I never saw a glider without a tail before. I was utterly lost for words. Like I said, I've rescued some really poorly conditioned gliders, but never one without a tail.

There's a first for everything. Thank you!
Posted By: LSardou

Re: My newest Rescue.. - 10/27/10 10:28 PM

She certainly found herself one terrific home with you!

Good Luck with her, and all of your little ones.

Thank you, for being who you are. hug2
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL