GliderCENTRAL

Anyone ever feed their gliders lychees for a treat?

Posted By: sugarfluff

Anyone ever feed their gliders lychees for a treat? - 07/14/17 01:24 AM

So I came across a weird tropical fruit while grocery shopping and thought I'd give it a try. They are called lychees. They grow from trees and have a hard scally/spikey exterior that peels/cracks off to leave a veeerry moist kinda squishy interior fruit (think eyeball :sick: ). It kinda looks like a peeled grape but bigger. The taste is ok, not my fav and may not buy again since only one of my kids (human that is) likes them. The best way I can describe the flavor is grape and rose combined.

I read on another site that they were glider safe. If I give them to my trio it would only be a treat. So has anyone ever fed them to their gliders? How did it go? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Oh and FYI they are all on the CL Complete diet.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Anyone ever feed their gliders lychees for a treat? - 07/14/17 10:41 PM

Some gliders like them, some don't. When I give them I usually get the skin started peeling and let them do the rest.

They like the challenge.

Re: Anyone ever feed their gliders lychees for a treat? - 07/16/17 12:36 AM

Thanks Feather! I never would have thought to give it to them whole. I'll have to let them try that. They sure can be picky little buggers though.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Anyone ever feed their gliders lychees for a treat? - 07/18/17 06:30 PM

Sugarfluff - go to my blog, The Glider Chef, where it will show you a number of things your gliders can have. The blog continues to grow and change as I add things to it, so if you subscribe, you'll get notification each time something is added smile.

Re: Anyone ever feed their gliders lychees for a treat? - 07/19/17 12:33 AM

Thanks DCMuffin! I checked out your site and looks like it has some pretty good info. I will definitely keep it bookmarked for future refrences. agree
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL