GliderCENTRAL

Yoggies

Posted By: kidqwik

Yoggies - 07/27/17 10:23 PM

What kind of yoggies does everyone feed? I'm almost done with the ones from Exotic Nutrition but I was thinking of trying maybe the organic ones from Gerber for babies. Any suggestions?
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Yoggies - 07/27/17 10:54 PM

You can use the white baking chips which have NO chocolate in them at all :thumb2:

There are other brands other than the link I posted. Just look in the baking department.

Re: Yoggies - 07/27/17 11:22 PM

Yeah, I know of those. I was just trying to spoil mine with something healthier though. Like these Gerber Yogurt Melts They eat better than me I think sometimes! :-b
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Yoggies - 07/27/17 11:29 PM

I'm not sure how the gliders would react to something melting in their mouth. Why not try a mini marshmallow first to see what they think wink

Re: Yoggies - 07/27/17 11:44 PM

Lol. They're yogurt chips. Organic ones and flavored. I don't think they'd melt any faster than the vanilla ones.
Posted By: sugarfluff

Re: Yoggies - 07/28/17 02:50 AM

I have tried those with my gliders and they didn't care for them. They only took a few licks and would walk away every time I've offered them. The Gerber melts are a dehydrated yougurt verses the white chips being creamy. My gliders can be picky with food textures so that may be why they rejected them. You could always give it a try and they may like them for an occasional treat. :pop:
Posted By: Camille

Re: Yoggies - 07/28/17 03:00 AM

They melt MUCH faster than the small animal yogies. shock I don't have sugar gliders (yet), but I buy Yogies for all of my hamsters and I too didn't care much for the amount of sugar that the small animal yogies have in them, so I got the mixed berry gerber Yogurt melts to try with my hamsters because I liked that they were made with real yogurt and even had live cultures in them. What they are is "freeze dried" yogurt, and NOTE: Gerber doesn't have just plain vanilla yogurt melts, but they have lots of other flavors: Mixed berry, strawberry, peach, banana vanilla, Strawberry banana, and Red Berry. Anyway, I can see why Gerber decided to call them Gerber Yogurt "melts" instead of Gerber Yogurt drops because the melts completely dissolve as soon as they hit your tongue, and will even turn into a melted blob if you leave them sitting out in the open air for awhile. Which is why, even though I loved the fact that the Gerber melts were made from real yogurt, and my hamsters loved the taste of them just as much as the high sugar yogies, I ended up eating the rest of the melts myself. They literally caused too much of an ooey gooey (and gummy- they turn gummy) mess in my hamsters cages (some even glued my long haired Hamster "Rumpy's" hair together and I had to cut the gooey, gummy mess out) because hamsters are really bad to put their food and treats in their pouches to take to their hiding places and store for later. And, even though Sugar gliders don't store food in their mouths like hamsters, they do leave it sitting sometimes, so I feel that the Gerber Melts would still not be a good choice since they turn to a gummy goo sitting out in the open air. But that being said, they are still not just yummy for babies, they are a great snack for human adults and kids- doggies like 'em too thumb . They are just not a good choice for our small animals. Hope that this helps. grin

Re: Yoggies - 07/28/17 01:27 PM

You said it Camille! Described it perfectly.

I had the same thought about it being healthier real yogurt and thats why I bought them for my gliders as a different treat. My two young sons LOVED these melts when they were toddlers a few years back so I knew what they were when I got them for my gliders, basically dried yogurt. However they do in fact get very gooey and messy when they get wet. Great for poppin one in your mouth but not made to hold onto and nibble on. I guess fortunately since my gliders didn't like them I never got to see the mess and stickiness they would have created with these. My boys finished the bag for them clap

Re: Yoggies - 07/28/17 01:48 PM

In addition to the basic white chips we also give these econutrition fruit yogies on occasion. Buttercup loves them more than the white ones. We've also tried a couple types of the Kaytee yougurt treats fruit and these blueberry and while they all liked them, the Kaytee drops are about 3-4 times larger than the other chips so I would chop them up a bit so they are easier to handle. Overall the white chips and econutrition chips are their favs.

Oh and if you decide to order any FYI they will be effected by the heat when shipping. My last order that came this month was slightly melted when they arrived. I just popped them in the frige for a few hours and made sure to mix the bag around a few times and they are fine, they didn't melt into one big blob.

Hope this helps.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL