GliderCENTRAL

Change in consumed quantities

Posted By: Zassharrah

Change in consumed quantities - 05/27/18 03:51 PM

Hi,
I have 2 gliders both of which are about 4 months OOP and I've had them for about 2 months. I've mostly been feeding them cubes of mixed veggies and fruit and eggs that have been frozen as well as fresh melon and some dry cereal. Normally they will eat almost all of it throughout the night and when I take their food dishes out in the morning they are mostly clean. Recently though there have been some nights (not really consecutive) where I have checked their food and most of it is still there. Usually one of the dishes is empty but the others still have a lot of food. Is this something I should be worried about or are the just being healthy and self regulating their diets?

Daisy :grey:
Winry :cream:
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Change in consumed quantities - 05/27/18 04:24 PM

It could be they are eating out of the same dish rather than each one eating out of a respective dish. We are also coming out of a full moon which sometimes effects some gliders eating habits.

You might consider feeding from one dish to see if the quantity consumed changes unless you were using two dishes because of food aggression issues.

Watch them for a little while longer to see if there are any further changes.

Posted By: Terry

Re: Change in consumed quantities - 05/28/18 03:28 PM

I agree with Karen. Also though was wondering if you could be offering too much food. Either way, sometimes gliders eat less than other times.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Change in consumed quantities - 05/28/18 06:27 PM

What diet are they on?

If this goes on much longer, you may want to change diets. They may be getting too much of something.

If you click on this blue word, diet it will take you to a database of recommended diets.
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL