GliderCENTRAL

How often is safe to change diets?

Posted By: Hubster

How often is safe to change diets? - 02/15/19 01:23 AM

Hi! I’m new, and apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I did read through. My new babies arrive next week and I am so worried about the diet. There are so many and now I have the ingredients here for 3 different diets! Ug! I just bought supplies from critter Love just now which I can see a lot of you prefer, but I’m worried that won’t show up until after the gliders are here! So.... when they get here I will have a different diet than the breeder, then what if I want to switch once the critter love arrives? Can I do this without harm or causing them to feel stress, or routine breaks? I really want what’s best for them! Appreciate your thoughts!
Posted By: Feather

Re: How often is safe to change diets? - 02/15/19 03:34 AM

You can give them chicken or scrambled eggs with one of the 5 salad mixtures from the Critterlove website until your powder gets to you.

Re: How often is safe to change diets? - 02/15/19 11:52 AM

Thank you!!! I really think it will just be a matter of a few days max timing wise.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: How often is safe to change diets? - 02/15/19 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hubster
Hi! I’m new, and apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I did read through. My new babies arrive next week and I am so worried about the diet. There are so many and now I have the ingredients here for 3 different diets! Ug! I just bought supplies from critter Love just now which I can see a lot of you prefer, but I’m worried that won’t show up until after the gliders are here! So.... when they get here I will have a different diet than the breeder, then what if I want to switch once the critter love arrives? Can I do this without harm or causing them to feel stress, or routine breaks? I really want what’s best for them! Appreciate your thoughts!

It is good you are prepared. You mention you have ingredients for three different diets. Is one of those the one the breeder feeds? If so, what is that diet? If not, then Feather has given you some good advice with the chicken or scrambled eggs plus salad mix.

Once you have them on a feeding plan they will eat, there is no reason to switch them to something else just for the sake of switching. Gliders are not like people. They need consistency in order to keep them healthy.

Re: How often is safe to change diets? - 02/15/19 03:19 PM

Thanks Karen! I’ve got all the ingredients for the BML diet, as well as the Pocket Pets diet (although after doing all the research I’m a bit leery of that one). And I’m waiting for my shipment from Critter love which I really want to use at the end of the day. Thank you very much for the feedback!
Posted By: Feather

Re: How often is safe to change diets? - 02/15/19 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hubster
Thanks Karen! I’ve got all the ingredients for the BML diet, as well as the Pocket Pets diet (although after doing all the research I’m a bit leery of that one). And I’m waiting for my shipment from Critter love which I really want to use at the end of the day. Thank you very much for the feedback!

Do you have the Glider Gravy from Pocket Pets? If so that is Critterlove Complete, Peggy sells it to them and they mix it different and put a new name on it. But it is the same stuff.

You can feed that and one of the salad mixtures. You can also feed the kibble on the side. Skip the vitamins though if your going to feed the salads.

Re: How often is safe to change diets? - 02/15/19 05:46 PM

Ha! Yes! I got all of it! Good to know! Whew!!!

Re: How often is safe to change diets? - 02/15/19 05:47 PM

PS this forum is amazing! Thank you thank you!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL