GliderCENTRAL

Underweight Glider

Posted By: cookielover

Underweight Glider - 11/11/21 12:37 AM

One of my sugar gliders is really underweight. She’s a year and a half old and she only weights 64 grams. She eats very well and is very active and doesn't lose weight but she doesn’t ever gain anything either. I’ve tried changing diets, feeding her avocado weekly, etc. but it doesn’t do anything. I had her checked for parasites twice and she was fine both times. Any advice on what might be causing it/what I should do to help her gain weight?
Thank you. smile
Posted By: Feather

Re: Underweight Glider - 11/11/21 01:56 AM

What diet are you currently feeding?

What diets have you fed?

How long did you try each diet?

Is she real active?

How many gliders share the cage with her?

How many different feeding stations do you have in the cage?
Posted By: cookielover

Re: Underweight Glider - 11/11/21 04:22 AM

Currently I'm feeding OHPW with the criitter love salad recipes. I had been feeding TPG until March 2021. They'd been in TPG for 10 months. All of the gliders like OHPW much better.
She is very active - always running on the wheel or bouncing around the cage and on toys. 😁
She's been with her one cagemate Ink her whole life. They get along really well and she is very distressed any time she has to be away from him.
I only have one feeding station in the cage, but it is pretty large and they bpth eat at it at once with no fighting. She also gets up much earlier than he does, so she eats quite a bit before he is even awake.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Underweight Glider - 11/12/21 10:56 PM

She is probably exorcising all her calories off.

Continue to offer the Avocado weekly. You may also want to add a good kibble like Happy Glider kibble from PetPro to their diet. A little dish with a few pieces in replaced every other day.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL