GliderCENTRAL

No tongue

Posted By: budweiserqt

No tongue - 10/22/14 12:45 PM

My glider Claire lost her tongue. I'm not sure how this happened but the vet says that it has healed well. She is holding her weight and I have seen her drink. I am making a relish for her in case she has trouble eating the chopped fruits and veggies. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be a good combo for her, in case this is all she eats. I want it to have a good ratio. She drinks her OHPW just fine.
Posted By: Feather

Re: No tongue - 10/22/14 03:39 PM

You can make a relish out of all of her fruit and one out of all of her veggies.

I would add something like apple juice to the veggies so that they are not too dry. Use unsweetened apple juice.

I hope she continues to flourish under your care.
Posted By: Kesha

Re: No tongue - 11/02/14 05:51 AM

Could she possibly eat baby food apple sauce?
Posted By: nolagliders

Re: No tongue - 11/02/14 03:50 PM

how is she doing? (the girl without a tongue?)
Posted By: baambaam82

Re: No tongue - 11/04/14 01:40 AM

My glider boy lost his tongue about 2 years ago. Same thing; no clue what happened. He is happy and healthy. He adapted very well. He learned how to drink out of his water bottle within a few days. He also learned to eat his food just fine. He can eat diced fruit and vegetables. For example, apples, cantaloupe, water melon, honeydew, broccoli, carrots. He also learned how to eat his apple sauce and baby food using his jaw as a scoop. I feel pretty confidant that your baby will be just fine.
Posted By: ChatTAHOOchee

Re: No tongue - 11/28/14 01:36 AM

LOST TONGUE?!?!?!?! As a new suggie owner I am absolutely TERRIFIED of this happening to poor Tahoo!! Everyone seems so calm about this... does this happen regularly?!?!!?! Did you ever find the tongue??? How did you notice??? Any ideas on how it happened? Good Gosh!

A very worried Tahoo owner. :sorry: :bb: tounge
Posted By: Cora

Re: No tongue - 11/28/14 06:55 AM

in ten years in the community thats the only 2 I have ever heard of. Don't be terrified of what could happen just enjoy your babies!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL