GliderCENTRAL

New Cage and Wheel!

Posted By: sassafras

New Cage and Wheel! - 06/23/15 04:16 AM

Finally got a cage im happy for my glider to be in
I have had the congo cage for going on week two and just received my gliders first wheel!
I wound up getting a stealth wheel and from my gliders and my testing lol it is completely silent so far so good in that department I was a little surprised about how big it was deff a tad top heavy its been moved around the bottom of the cage and it hasn't even gotten ran on lol
also waiting on 4 new pouches to arrive then just one more congo cage for one big glider play spaceee!
if anyone has any ideas weather its cleaning bedding/cages/toys or a fav snack it would be much appreciated! im always looking for new things to do
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: New Cage and Wheel! - 06/23/15 01:55 PM

You can secure the stealth wheel stand to the side of your cage using either a zip tie (removable ones make it easy to remove the wheel for cleaning) or just tie it to the bars with a strip of fleece. That will keep it from moving around in the cage as the gliders run in it.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: New Cage and Wheel! - 06/23/15 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: sassafras

if anyone has any ideas weather its cleaning bedding/cages/toys or a fav snack it would be much appreciated! im always looking for new things to do

For cleaning, it's best to 'alternate' by washing pouches/toys/cage on different days. Always try and leave items that have their smell/scent as this will help prevent them from over marking. After you have cleaned their cage, take a used (unwashed) pouch, turn it inside out and rub it all around the inside of the cage.

For snacks, you can give them live or freeze dried mealie worms, (I always purchased mine from http://exoticnutrition.com) They also carry a variety of treats. Yogurt drops are fun for them to have too. Eucalyptus branches/leaves are also good. http://www.eucproducts.com Licky treats such as, yogurt (without aspartame), baby food fruit.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL