GliderCENTRAL

Running wheel

Posted By: Sidewind75

Running wheel - 09/12/15 02:49 AM

Just a curious question can Suggies run on a wheel to much. one of our gliders runs on it constantly
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Running wheel - 09/12/15 02:22 PM

Some gliders do heart their wheels more than others. As long as the wheel isn't interfering with their regular sleeping and eating, they should be fine.

Make sure to check them over for any signs of too much wear on their foot pads or areas where their fur may be rubbed.

What wheel are you using, if you don't mind my asking.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Running wheel - 09/12/15 02:58 PM

My gliders love their wheel(s). Some days, usually my Ollie boy, but sometimes one of the girls, will get up at some point during the day looking for a snack. Sometimes he'll take a quick run in the wheel before returning to bed, the girls don't use during middle of the day.
Posted By: Ittermat

Re: Running wheel - 09/12/15 04:24 PM

Kino loves his wheel a ton...Yuki is indifferent....(though hes the one who needs the wheel more! Lil fatty fat!) Kino forgoes playing with pretty much all of his toys to just run in the wheel all night....

Gliderbutts will be gliderbutts.

Re: Running wheel - 09/12/15 09:09 PM

Ty for the replies. I got them the Stealth Wheel. We are new owners to gliders so we just wanted to make sure. We cannot wait to start the bonding process but something went wrong with our order of bonding pouches and they have not been delivered yet :-( really stinks waiting for them lol

Re: Running wheel - 09/12/15 09:53 PM

You can do cage visits while you wait. Though I understand it's disappointing having to wait for stuff.

I only use the bonding pouches I have when I take them outdoors, which isn't often. Usually on the road they're put into one of their travel carriers, either canvas or little larger cage, depending on length of journey.

At home for pouch time during the day, I just hold them in their sleeping pouch.

Re: Running wheel - 09/13/15 12:18 PM

What do you use for travel for them?
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Running wheel - 09/13/15 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Sidewind75

Are you talking wheel or bonding?

Re: Running wheel - 09/13/15 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Sidewind75

I have a vacation cage for them, good for short trips, but have stretched out a little longer when I traveled across country. I have a travel size wheel that I use in the vacation cage and sometimes (often) as a second wheel in their home cage as well as out of cage play.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL