GliderCENTRAL

Best dremel and plastic chain

Posted By: spiceglider

Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/16/15 05:07 PM

what is the best dremel for making toys? I was thinking it might be fun. It would be for personal use, not for larger scale toy making as a business. I went to lowes recently and they had huge plastic chains but no little ones. Where would you recommend buying plastic links or chains for toys?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/17/15 01:31 AM

You want a dremmel that has fast enough RPMs to drill a hole. Some people also use a soldering iron.

Try Oriental trading for chain.

Re: Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/17/15 01:28 PM

I'll look into oriental trading today. Bu what rpm is best for plastic? I know there are different models which is why I'm confused.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/17/15 05:57 PM

There are some vendors that sell toy making parts, they should have the smaller linked chain used in toy making.

The Sugar Glider Store

is one I've recently used. I have use a couple of others, one is not in business anymore, and I'm not sure who the other one was sadly.

You can also find the chains on ebay as well as bird toy making supplies websites.

I have no idea about dremmels, I would love to get one some day myself. I use soldering iron, but it's not always the best option, it works for putting holes in thinner plastics, but it gets stinky.
Posted By: Amy34

Re: Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/17/15 06:26 PM

Gliders and Gear and Noah's Ark and Novelty are some places I get chain. 3mm is the typical size that is used in toy making.

I use a Dremmel3000 or soldering iron to make holes.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/17/15 11:02 PM

Thanks Amy!

Re: Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/18/15 01:19 AM

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I do have a soldering iron but I will look into the 3000 model or dremmel. I'll be looking at these sellers plastic toy parts so I thank yall for the tips :D
Posted By: Amy34

Re: Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/18/15 07:48 PM

You're welcome! smirk

Re: Best dremel and plastic chain - 09/18/15 10:05 PM

looking at the 3000 and 4000 model. I'm shopping around for the best price now
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL