GliderCENTRAL

What is a Safe Toy?

Posted By: TokiTamer

What is a Safe Toy? - 11/20/15 05:17 PM

I am trying to thrift shop my way into some new toys. And having some curiousities about what is a safe toy by definition.
Is there a certain size that items for the ball pit must be? I don't want to risk my gliders choking.
Are shopkins and squinkies large enough? Supervised or unsupervised? Its fine if these toys are just for tent time.
What size do the tunnels in toys need to be in order to keep the glider from getting caught?
Does your glider have a favorite hand-me-down toy? Pictures would be super helpful!
Thank you in advance guys! I am super excited to enrich my gliders little home.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: What is a Safe Toy? - 11/20/15 10:24 PM

My gliders love toddler toys with large openings. Shape sorters with large holes to crawl in and out of are a favorite. They also like the Fisher Price or Playskool houses to go in and out of. I have found them in garage sales for next to nothing - minus the small parts that gliders will not use anyway.

Plastic bracelets, monkeys from the barrel of monkeys game (or the dollar store games that are similar but have dinosaurs, bunnies and elephants) and small plastic balls are also a big hit here.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL