GliderCENTRAL

pressure wash resistant cage?

Posted By: rdobbie23

pressure wash resistant cage? - 12/14/15 06:29 PM

Ok so.... I'm getting tired of having to replace cage after cage every year or two due to rusting. I was wondering if anyone out there has a cage that either holds up better than most to water/urine? Or maybe a PVC type cage someone recommends?

Do people still use the screen/mesh cages? If so...Have they improved? (I lost a glider due to this type of cage years ago)
Posted By: KarenE

Re: pressure wash resistant cage? - 12/15/15 03:27 PM

Where are you getting your cages that they only last a year or two?

From the title of your post, it could also be the cages you get do indeed not hold up under pressure washing. Could be you need to use a different method of cleaning dunno

If possible, I would put the cage in the bathtub and clean that way or in the shower.

Just a suggestion.

Originally Posted By: rdobbie23
Do people still use the screen/mesh cages? If so...Have they improved? (I lost a glider due to this type of cage years ago)

Sorry, did not see that question.

I used the repts exclusively, however, they were the original mesh enclosures not the newer ones. To my knowledge there has been no improvement on the mesh. I would not recommend them now.

Re: pressure wash resistant cage? - 12/21/15 06:48 PM

I have a Brisbane. I have only pressure washed it once, but its so nice, I would prefer to do it that way most of the time. Was just wondering if there was a nice durable cage.

As far as mesh, I still have one of the "old" screens, but I'm a little scared of it due to the newer ones that caused me to loose my girl Piper.

Was just curious as to what others used??
Posted By: KarenE

Re: pressure wash resistant cage? - 12/21/15 06:51 PM

You would need to use your own judgment on whether or not to use the mesh rept you have if it is the original ones they used to make.

I never had the first problem with mine, however, none of my gliders were ever chewers or got their nails caught on anything so I never had to worry.

The original screens were soft and pliable where the new ones were stiff and almost impossible to get on the frames.

Re: pressure wash resistant cage? - 12/21/15 08:07 PM

I loved the ones I had. Easy to wash, I would just use a hand held vac to clean the bottom of the cage each morning from the food parties they had the night before. Wish they never would have changed their materials. :thumbd:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL