GliderCENTRAL

Oh, boy toys

Posted By: sugiemom1408

Oh, boy toys - 01/11/16 09:44 AM

Stuart loves his straw and bottle cap i gave him he is sitting here throwing them around the cage, I just now handed him the cap and he ran off with it, i think tent time will be nice. Cant wait to get my tent. hehe
sugiemom to Stuart thumb :grey:
Posted By: FurMom

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/11/16 03:04 PM

Fun! smile
Posted By: rdobbie23

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/11/16 05:10 PM

I have a Gengi tent....LOVE IT!!

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/12/16 10:39 AM

Where shall I get a good tent?

sugiemom to Stuart :grey:
Posted By: nicoleejeanne

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/12/16 11:12 AM

Amazon has the genji for about $60...I have that one also and I really really love it. It's spacious enough for me and my boyfriend to go in and fits over my bed if I don't feel like sitting on the floor.

I think there's another some people use called Sansbug, but I don't have experience with that one.
Posted By: nicoleejeanne

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/12/16 01:02 PM

Here is the link for the Genji:

http://www.amazon.com/Genji-Sports-Self-...ords=genji+tent

What's nice is it's a pop up tent, so it literally takes seconds to set it up. Take down is supposed to also be quick, but I keep mine set up. The mesh is nice for the gliders, and I recently started using binder clips towards the top edges to hang vines and toys.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/12/16 02:37 PM

Milk or juice rings or plastic bracelets would be fun for him too. I use cheap plastic shower curtain rings for hanging pouches and toys, I use barrel of monkeys to hook rings and bracelets to so they can unhook them. Lots of fun!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/12/16 03:10 PM

If the tent is too restrictive for you, some people prefer to use their bathroom making sure it is glider proofed.

This means closing off any holes they might be able to get in (under the sink if you cannot close and secure cabinet doors), close securely toilet lid, make sure bathroom vents are closed or glider/s cannot get in and put towels in front of bathroom door to prevent escape.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/12/16 03:41 PM

Milk Rings are another glider favorite toy. Cut the plastic ring left on the milk bottle and similar containers when the cap is opened and your glider will carry it around.

The rings must be cut to be safe because gliders like to put them over their heads and wiggle their entire body through them. The ring must be able to expand.

If your glider likes to carry things around he may discover how to carry the milk rings on his tail.

I wish I could find the videos of BJ & Boo Boo. Those gliders were famous on the forum for their milk ring collecting antics.

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/13/16 03:01 AM

Awesome ideas thanks. I will look into the tent as it is going to be the SAFEST for us in our house.
Also if I have medicine bottles that are not child proof and just pop off, Can I give it to him with some treats inside if I WASH IT GREAT?
Any treat ideas?
Thanks sugiemom to Stuart :grey:
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/13/16 05:14 AM

Yes if the bottle is clean you can give it to him with a treat in it.

My gliders like the small containers that (Dritz) sewing pins come in and they can get them open. Sassy also takes the back cover off of my TV Remote any time she gets her little paws on it. I have to leave it outside of the tent so she will not take the batteries out.

She loves opening plastic easter eggs too.

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/13/16 09:37 AM

Sitting here at 2:30 with Stuart and hes trying desperately to get the cap off that medicine bottle, it may be be too difficult for him not sure yet. My Mom is bringing some of those Easter eggs tomorrow so we will see if he likes those. Being a baby he will learn. if he is 11 weeks oop what age are they considered adult if they live 10-15yrs?

Posted By: KarenE

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/13/16 02:23 PM

Speaking of Easter Eggs, when the Dollar Stores start putting out the Easter items, look for the 'small' eggs. The gliders like them because they are so easy for them to handle. Not all stores will carry them, so will take a little hunting to find them.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/13/16 03:06 PM

He will be grown by the time he is a year old.

Try cracking the lid a little bit on the bottle so he knows how it works.

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/14/16 10:02 AM

I did that tonight cracked the bottle a little, hes sitting here working on it, I can see he smells the treat he is working hard to pop that thing off. Can anyone give me other small toy ideas that keep their minds busy? I don't want him bored and he can't read lol Will look for the small eggs Lord knows we have 8 dollar stores i'll find them someplace.

Thanks sugiemom to Stuart :grey:

Re: Oh, boy toys - 01/14/16 10:14 AM

Thanks Nicole I checked out this tent you mentioned and read that people indeed use it for glider fun, too cute. Anyway plan to gt this very soon. Thanks everyone for all your help

© 2024 GliderCENTRAL