GliderCENTRAL

Cat tower?

Posted By: nicoleejeanne

Cat tower? - 01/21/16 01:41 PM

I was thinking about buying a cat tower for my tent. Something similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-60-Cat-Tree-Tower-Condo-Scratcher-Furniture-Kitten-Pet-House-Hammock-Beige-/271889457576?hash=item3f4ddfe1a8:g:kIoAAOSwKrhVa~g7

Does anyone think that this would be safe, or played on? If not this, is there something of a similar build that I could put in my tent? Just trying to expand on tent time.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Cat tower? - 01/21/16 04:18 PM

Most cat towers are covered with carpet or a carpet like material but I cannot tell about this one, and there is no description. You would need to contact the seller for a full description of what the covering is made of.

Carpet is not recommended for gliders as they might get their nails caught with could result in injury.

If you make something like this covered in fleece, they would love it agree

HOWEVER, knowing gliders will poop/pee wherever the like, you would need to be able to remove the fleece for washing wink

Re: Cat tower? - 01/21/16 04:24 PM

Hmmm..I didn't even think about that. Maybe I'll try to find something on Etsy.

I've been thinking more and more about glider-proofing my bedroom..there isn't much in there. My bathroom isn't an option. I just want to give her more space to play and more things to do.

I don't have a bedroom door, but someone recommended buying a magnetic mesh screen door to hang in my doorway so they can't get out and can still climb.

I don't know. So many ideas..I just want to do everything I can to make her happy smile
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Cat tower? - 01/21/16 07:48 PM

The mesh door is not attached to anything at the bottom. Gliders would be able to slip under it.

You might consider a screen tent that sips securely for playtime.

Re: Cat tower? - 01/21/16 08:09 PM

Oh I have the genji! I just wanted to make her play area bigger lol.
Posted By: BYK_Chainsaw

Re: Cat tower? - 01/23/16 09:00 AM

we have a cat tower in our play room. I see that cat tower has rope on it. we covered the rope with fleece but left the carpet as is.
the gliders love the tower, plus the hide in whole is a place some go to rest when tired.
We have had no problems with the nails getting stuck on carpet. But we are always in the room with them.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL