GliderCENTRAL

E-Jackets?

Posted By: Takaia

E-Jackets? - 01/26/16 04:32 AM

I emailed Denise last week to try and get an ejacket, but I got no response. I'm getting Pi neutered tomorrow, so if anything happens I will have to resort to the ecollar I made a long time ago.

Anyway, for the future it would probably be nice to have an ejacket handy! Does anybody have any good photos of one that I could take a look at so I could maybe sew my own? Perhaps at least could someone tell me if they're made of fleece or some other material(s)?

Thanks.

Edit: My sugar glider is nearly only 5 months old. Will he be growing any bigger? (For my reference: current chest measurement is 3.875")
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: E-Jackets? - 01/26/16 12:08 PM

I have never seen a "how to " sew ejacket. I am looking for some too. But here is a link for emergency ejacket:

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=mcguyver_ejacket

they are made from fleece and on utube it shows some good pics on how to put on a glider. I know there is some sort of support in there too.

If I had someones old one I can duplicate and size it.

I requested a set of ejackets a year ago and still waiting. Its good to have a set of different sizes( so I am told) in case your glider grows.

They look simple enough to make , but have been told there is a lot to it and that concerns me for the safety of the glider. Since they sleep and play in it, and will be unsupervised I would want to make sure it was safe for them.

Re: E-Jackets? - 01/27/16 09:25 PM

The ones I've seen on youtube seem to possibly be made from something else besides fleece? And I would definitely be interested in what is used for support. Anybody?

Or an alternative, is there anywhere to get a proper e-jacket that's not from Denise that's reliable?
Posted By: KarenE

Re: E-Jackets? - 01/27/16 09:38 PM

Let me hunt around and see what I can find out.
Posted By: Thumper

Re: E-Jackets? - 01/27/16 09:58 PM

Hi Takaia! Denise will be taking care of something personal for a while. She has sent me 5 complete sets of e-jackets that I received today. You can order a complete set of 3 from my website at http://gliderpalace.weebly.com/e-jackets-health-info--misc.html. If you need only 1 or 2 sizes, I can take care of that too but there is no inventory for that on the website. Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: E-Jackets? - 01/27/16 10:01 PM

Thumper: Ahhh thank you! I'll PM you.

Edit: or email works. Says you're over private topic limit!
Posted By: Thumper

Re: E-Jackets? - 01/27/16 10:04 PM

No problem!! smile

Re: E-Jackets? - 01/27/16 10:11 PM

Thumper: you have no idea how thankful I am it's been really rough... all my fears came true when Pi opened up his wound :C
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL