GliderCENTRAL

Fleece cage covers/name signs?

Posted By: nicoleejeanne

Fleece cage covers/name signs? - 02/08/16 08:25 PM

I'm looking to buy a fleece cage cover and was wondering if anyone had suggestions? Also, I wanted to know if anyone knew someone that made name plates for the cages? Thank you smile
Posted By: Terry

Re: Fleece cage covers/name signs? - 02/09/16 03:52 AM

I used to use fleece, either purchased in fabric store or even the throws, with edge stitching removed, depending on the size of the cage. Now I have the HQ Large Sturdy, and just use cotton (heavy quality), flat sheet. I wrap fabric around sides and back using large, plastic clips. I'll try posting a pic of the clips in use sometime over the next day or so.

I made my own cage sign, using those dollar store, clear, slide-in photo frames. I use my soldering iron to remove stand and add holes for clips and embellishments. Mi have photos, I'll try to get them posted as well. Making your own can save some money.

Re: Fleece cage covers/name signs? - 02/09/16 07:03 PM

Cage signs:

Names

Themes

Cage wrap: The older pics with the Madagascar cage I once had most likely will show a cage cover I had purchased from a vendor, who sadly isn't operating any longer. But, if you look at the top photo, you will notice two clips at each side on the bottom of the cage. These and also large, plastic butterfly (hair clips) are what I use to hold the wrap on (fleece or heavy cotton flat sheet). The butterfly clips should work directly on the top edges of the cage, that's what I used prior to the recent cage I have. Now, with the current cage, I use the drop pan from the first cage that came with my Lulu and Skadoosh, as the pans are the same size as my current's cage. I saved the pan, just in case, and now I use it on top of the cage to use as added shelf for storing their supplies (I live in small space). I use the clips like shown in above photo along with the hair clips to hold in on to the edge of the pan on top. I hope I explained it well enough to make sense, lol.

As for fleece, you can cut slits along the edges going around the top of the cage and use shower curtain rings to hold it on.
Posted By: nicoleejeanne

Re: Fleece cage covers/name signs? - 02/09/16 07:11 PM

Oh wow Terry those are really cool! I'm not sure how good I would be at making something like that, but it would definitely be worth a try. smile

Re: Fleece cage covers/name signs? - 02/10/16 01:35 AM

Thank you. And sure you can. I can't remember where I got my letters, but they can be found in any craft store or craft isle in most stores. The acrylic or clear plastic photo frames also can be purchase anywhere frames are sold. I've gotten some better quality ones at craft stores but also cheaper ones from dollar stores.

Basically, all you need is a soldering iron to remove stand from fame and for holes, but maybe a dremmel will work as well.

Besides letters, I use craft lace and pony beads to embellish the signs. The most recent one, the new name sign, that includes Ollie, I added a some of the plastic hard wire mesh stuff, the kind some use to make cages.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Fleece cage covers/name signs? - 02/10/16 09:45 AM

Those are awesome signs!

The other thing you could to if you do not have the tools Terry mentioned is use a rulers & a very sharp knife to deeply score the plastic on both sides (might need to make a couple passes). Then place the line over something with a good solid corner & press down. Acrylic will snap cleanly along the line you made.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL