GliderCENTRAL

Size of holes on toys

Posted By: FurMom

Size of holes on toys - 02/13/16 07:16 PM

I've been looking at toddler toys, like the shape sorters, and am wondering how large the holes need to be. Here is a picture of a pirate ship I bought. The spacing on the side windows is 3/4"...can they get stuck in those? I'm thinking about cutting out the center bar.

Posted By: Terry

Re: Size of holes on toys - 02/13/16 08:44 PM

It's hard to say. I often wonder the same things when I see shape sorters and other toys where the holes are questionable if too small or large enough.

Maybe someone will have experience on your great find (nice ship btw). In the meantime, if you do not get a reply, if it were me, if there was a way to remove the center section safely, I think I would. I always like to side on margin of safety when unsure. Hopefully though someone will know for sure and will reply soon.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Size of holes on toys - 02/13/16 11:18 PM

Gliders can flatten themselves out to get through spaces that you may think are too small. They can get their heads through 3/4 inch so it probably is not a problem as long as the other dimension of the hole is at least 2 inches.

Do not use anything with holes less than 2 inches in at least one direction and greater than 3/4 inch in the other if you intend for the glider to get through the holes in a toy.
Posted By: FurMom

Re: Size of holes on toys - 02/16/16 04:34 AM

thanks
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL