GliderCENTRAL

Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball

Posted By: Huly

Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 02:10 PM

I have some of these at home and I think the girls would love them. They are plastic and I assume it would be safer than a pom since they can't pull it apart.

Thoughts?

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 02:23 PM

I also have the little doll so thoughts on it too please
Posted By: sugiemom1408

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Huly
I have some of these at home and I think the girls would love them. They are plastic and I assume it would be safer than a pom since they can't pull it apart.

Thoughts?

I have a couple of these for Stuart, would like to get more as he likes them, but I don't know where to get them. The ones I have were given to me.

sugiemom for Stuart :grey:
Posted By: nicoleejeanne

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 03:50 PM

I have a lot of the porcupine balls as well. They love them! I get mine on ebay. 72 for about $10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fun-Express-Mini-Porcupine-Balls-6-Dozen-/172046145704?hash=item280ebfd8a8:g:95QAAOSwYaFWhBYt

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 04:12 PM

Awesome thanks! I have some left over from a charity event but wanted to make sure they were safe first.

I think I am being overly cautious but I first read poms were ok then I saw some say to stay away as they pull them apart and if they eat the pom material it can lead to impaction.

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 04:13 PM

I ordered mine from Oriental Trading but the ebay link is cheaper.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 04:37 PM

Any of those items you all have posted above are okay for supervised play time.

Because they have plastic parts that can be chewed/pulled off and ingested, they should not be left in the cage.

Those spike balls, IMO, pose a possible choking hazard for gliders chewing off the spikes.

The pompoms will eventually pull apart. Any of them will.

Just like human toddlers, you need to look at toys with how easily they can be pulled apart/destroyed during unsupervised playtime wink

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 05:27 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/08/16 05:44 PM

:urwelcome:
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Toy Safety Question Porcupine Ball - 03/10/16 12:04 PM

I saw some of these in the easter aisle at Walmart.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL