GliderCENTRAL

Under the big top.

Posted By: billytense aka Lisa11

Under the big top. - 01/06/18 08:00 AM

Tent time

So each night I introduce my self and each girl gets little bit of Honey off of a finger and then I open the gate doors and I sort of let them figure out if they're open and once they get close then I get my hand up there and and I let them out of the cage and then they roam around the room and climb on me and and that sort of stuff.
I still have the giant two-person tent set-up but I haven't used it in about a week or so and I'm wondering should I just pick one or two days a week and take each glider in there individually and just hang out with them or I feel like I feel like they're bored when they're in the tent and I feel like when they're in the room since I have stuff all over the place if they can go and exploring and you know forage.
So what b should I do about the tent?

Another question I had was the sometimes they jump or and or fall and I have hardwood floors and they certainly make a large plop and they bdidn't seem any worse for the wear but I'm wondering if I should put down a big rug or something.

Also I swear the other day Lucy through a treat I don't know at me or near me maybe she just has bad aim but that girl's got an arm.

And tonight my schedule got all messed up and I didn't make it home till about 2 in the morning so I went in with treats and Lucy and came right out of the cage but instead of hanging on me just kind of took off and Wendy wouldn't leave the pouch and she would come out and get a treat then go back in and she's normally not like that so I took the pouch out of the cage and she scurried away and within a few minutes they had both found places to curl up and sleep and they both crabbed at me which that hasn't happened in like a month so I'm guessing that I threw their schedule off by coming home late and while I guess I'll just have to maybe hire an assistant or something so that I don't miss any more of our appointments..

Tomorrow after I get home from my Saturday morning estate sale run I am going to take them out of the cage and carry them around for a while maybe try to file some nails but definitely I will give them some extra love tomorrow to see if we can kiss and make-up.

Last thing is I promise I will get some pictures up of the girls and the cage and the room and all that I've just been so just crazy busy with the upstairs remodeling it's just getting out of control

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!
Posted By: Terry

Re: Under the big top. - 01/06/18 04:08 PM

When photobucket offered free phot sharing it was easier to post photos on the board. Every time I use drop box or flicr I have to refigure it out, my world is too complicated right now for the non-simple. Anyway, my point is there are things you can do to make tent time less boring. When I get time, I'll try to set some pics from my tent time on here.

If you have the luxury of being able to keep a tent up, all the easier to deck it out! However, if your room it's kept in, and they've been exploring is glider-proofed, there may be no need for a tent, just adjust the room a bit to make it safe, fun, and that you can clean up after them for sanitary reasons. Either way, I recommend playtime out of cage to be with both of them. It's more fun for everyone! Besides, once you apply a nail-maintainense routine, be it filing or clipping, you can have your one-to-ones at that time, or even other times in between for a more regular individual sessions. They don't need to be long, maybe even just 10-15 minutes with each. Well, these are just thoughts or suggestions, I usually only ever had one-to-ones with mine during and right after nail trims, except for the occasional times when only one wants to come out for out of cage play, yes that happens.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Under the big top. - 01/06/18 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: billytense aka Lisa11
Tent time

So each night I introduce my self and each girl gets little bit of Honey off of a finger and then I open the gate doors and I sort of let them figure out if they're open and once they get close then I get my hand up there and and I let them out of the cage and then they roam around the room and climb on me and and that sort of stuff.
I still have the giant two-person tent set-up but I haven't used it in about a week or so and I'm wondering should I just pick one or two days a week and take each glider in there individually and just hang out with them or I feel like I feel like they're bored when they're in the tent and I feel like when they're in the room since I have stuff all over the place if they can go and exploring and you know forage.
So what b should I do about the tent?

Depending on how much trouble the gliders could get into free roaming -
like going in holes they shouldn't or hiding where you can't find them - the tent might be a safer option.
There is certainly plenty of room for you and the gliders. You can always put a blanket on the floor of the tent to muffle the sound some gliders don't like and take toys in there for them. Also figure out a way to hang things for them to climb.

Another question I had was the sometimes they jump or and or fall and I have hardwood floors and they certainly make a large plop and they bdidn't seem any worse for the wear but I'm wondering if I should put down a big rug or something.

Depending on how high they are when this jumping/falling/plopping is going on,
it seems only a matter of time before they figure out gliding which is the good news because they will learn to land better. In the meantime, you need to make sure their landings are as safe/soft as possible because it is possible for them to land the wrong way possibly injuring a limb or neck.

It is unusual for a glider to loose its balance and actually fall off something, so pay attention and see if this is what is really happening. If so, there could be an inner ear problem which would indicate a vet visit.

Also I swear the other day Lucy through a treat I don't know at me or near me maybe she just has bad aim but that girl's got an arm.

We have all marveled at their ability to throw things not to mention how far those things get thrown. Food, poop, toys shock Be thankful it was a treat. Might be she was trying to get your attention OR was telling you she simply doesn't like that one rofl

And tonight my schedule got all messed up and I didn't make it home till about 2 in the morning so I went in with treats and Lucy and came right out of the cage but instead of hanging on me just kind of took off and Wendy wouldn't leave the pouch and she would come out and get a treat then go back in and she's normally not like that so I took the pouch out of the cage and she scurried away and within a few minutes they had both found places to curl up and sleep and they both crabbed at me which that hasn't happened in like a month so I'm guessing that I threw their schedule off by coming home late and while I guess I'll just have to maybe hire an assistant or something so that I don't miss any more of our appointments..

How dare you come home late!!!! Glider punishment. Been there. It hurts.

Tomorrow after I get home from my Saturday morning estate sale run I am going to take them out of the cage and carry them around for a while maybe try to file some nails but definitely I will give them some extra love tomorrow to see if we can kiss and make-up.

The guilt and the make up.
Works every time :roflmao:

Last thing is I promise I will get some pictures up of the girls and the cage and the room and all that I've just been so just crazy busy with the upstairs remodeling it's just getting out of control

:hit: :haha:

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

© 2024 GliderCENTRAL