GliderCENTRAL

Filing A False Complaint

Posted By: KarenE

Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 12:45 AM

On May 13, 2008 a complaint was filed against Lauries Glider Gazette (LGG) using GliderCENTRAL's name.

We are making this post both here and on LGG because GliderCENTRAL wants to make it very clear that NO COMPLAINT was filed by any staff member.

Further, we are working with Laurie, the Owner of Lauries Glider Gazette, in an effort to find out who did file this false complaint.

Regardless of board policies or politics, we take this very seriously. If this was done by one of our members, and we receive proof, their membership will be terminated.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 01:21 AM

Thank you Karen. It goes without saying that they will find themselves unwelcome at LGG as well. I appreciate the support of Glider Central.
Posted By: GliderLove

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 01:57 AM

shock OMG!! Isn't there a way to track that down? I feel sorry for that person! shakehead
Posted By: Suggiegramma

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 02:45 AM

Wow...that's not good!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 02:53 AM

We have the information.
Posted By: Bourbon

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 05:09 AM

so do we get to know what the dirt is? what was filed? by whom and why?
Posted By: Sherri

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 05:45 AM

Yeah inquiring minds want to know

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 06:37 AM

WOW! - what an endevor to take on...... we are all wondering now.
Posted By: gliderdad79

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 07:18 AM

Wow, there was a brief moment that I thought it was this person as they contacted me weeks ago and I said I would look into it, but all was ok. This is someone who was not even smacked on the hand at one point but thought they could get away with this! I will find the pm! Anyone who knows me personally knows no one can speak for me, staff, or especially the owners. As far as I am concerned this person will be gone for ever with the same status as abra, but it will be up to the owners of GliderCENTRAL who this person took it upon them self to to speak for, what happens. GliderCENTRAL normally does not make public what happens to members, but there are special cases such as this that may cause an exception, but again it will be up to the owners. I am and have been over the last few years sickened by what some of the glider community has turned into. It truly saddens me that some are this way and I am tired of it!!!!

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 07:27 AM

Even though one may say they didn't act upon GliderCENTRAL'S staff, admin, or owners, by filing a complaint using GliderCENTRAL's name and content they did indeed did! Even iF Karen or I wanted to make a complaint, it would have to be under the consent of the owners of GliderCENTRAL.
Posted By: Their_mommy

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 10:24 AM

I am confused, (not unusual) , someone filed a complaint for what?
Against someone here at GC?
I am sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I am just wondering what this is all about.
I have seen some remarks made by others, to others in a post that makes me cringe and I wonder why it is not stopped before it goes to far.
And that could cause someone to file a complaint against someone I guess.
But is this big enough to bring it public? If so, I would like to know what is happening and what it is all about.
I don't share much here as there are some people that respond to posts in a negative way. Or kind of a belittling way and so I just don't post. I just read and add a comment here and there as I please.
So I hope that what you are talking about is made public so that we know who is involved and if it has to do with the belittling of someone who made a post.
I hope it gets worked out soon.
Posted By: Nikki

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 10:36 AM

To my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong).
Someone used the Glider Central name to file a compliant against LGG.
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 02:42 PM

Just...wow. I hope this gets straightened out soon!
Posted By: FURBYnGIZMO

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 02:42 PM

For someone to use a (forum) name they are not associated with in the least and drop a complaint on another is just crazy shakehead

Luckily the owners of both forums are all adults and act rationally when it comes to things of this nature thumb

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 09:00 PM

Yes, someone who had previously received a temporary ban from LGG for going out of their way to incite trouble decided they would embark on a little "revenge" against LGG. In their attempt to cause trouble for our forum, they tried to include others along the way and got little support and apparently thought that by speaking for GC they would be better able to further their own agenda. However, that seems to have backfired and they will now be subjected to whatever decision the owners/admin of GC decide to dole out to them. They have already sealed their fate on LGG as their temporary ban will become a permanent ban.
Posted By: thefotokat

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 10:05 PM

On behalf of SESG, we want to say that something like this will not be tolerated. We will ban any members from our board that were associated with this situation.

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 10:35 PM

We have talked with the owners of GliderCENTRAL, and their decision is to ban this member permanently and the same results will happen if they re register. It was also their decision that the name of this person will not be made public here at GliderCENTRAL as our normal policy only allows those who do harm to gliders here to be made public via a Colony Alert. Thank you all for your support and understanding. It is truly upsetting to know someone would sink to levels like this. Things in the entire community were so much easier and nicer when everyone was around for two things, to further learn and help other glider owners. It is sad to see how the winds have shifted and things are heading in the opposite direction by many.

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 11:36 PM

Thanks again for the support. Filing of false claims hurts ALL forums as well as those who have a need to file VALID complaints.

This show of solidarity is a wake up call to those who intend to spend their time causing trouble to further personal agendas.

Regardless of board policies or differences, we WILL stick together for the good of the community.
Posted By: princessmegi

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/18/08 11:37 PM

On behalf of SGA, this member will be deleted from our membership effective immediately!
Posted By: Xglider

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/20/08 09:57 PM

Thank you to GC and LGG admin for dealing with this so quickly and professionally. It is true and sad that there are some people that drag us down, I have to say that this is a wonderful response to these people .. the glider community does stand together!
Posted By: cyndiekb

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/20/08 10:30 PM

Wow! I guess I just thought I was the evil one.

Karma people

or put on your big girl panties if you have a problem with a board just don't go geez!
Posted By: Usha77

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/21/08 01:47 AM

hehehe...I swear, there is a distinct lack of big girl panties around here! Although, I have to admit that I forget mine on occasion... laugh
Posted By: Ellen

Re: Filing A False Complaint - 05/21/08 03:13 AM

This situation has been taken care of.

I understand that folks are upset about this and so am I. But we are moving on. The appropriate measures have been taken care of, so it's time to move on.

We will continue to work with other boards when needed and I thank everyone for being concerned. If it had anything more to due with GC then we will take care of it.

Thank you all for your concern. But know that we are taking care of our members and still working with other boards.

It is all done, let's move on.

Thanks to all for your concern.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL