Posted By: gliderdad79

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/26/10 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: KarenE
It's making me dizzy crazy

Thought you might enjoy a post like this for a change, Eddie roflmao

Yes, few ever say that thank you roflmao
Posted By: Srlb

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/26/10 01:28 AM

It IS running faster...but how long has the tool bar on the bottom been missin??

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/26/10 01:29 AM

Meant to add in a thank you for all you do to that as well Eddie thumb

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/26/10 01:40 AM

I got rid of the toolbar the other day, dont think that made it faster though. Not sure how long it will last with another winter storm happening to the west.

Thank you Peggy, but I didnt do anything for this roflmao
Posted By: KarenE

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/26/10 01:46 AM

Well, I'm going to enjoy every minute of it and catch up on some things I put off behind the board when it was oh so slow.
Posted By: pbear3s

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/26/10 04:01 AM

LOL Oh yeah I didn't realize until I read your post.
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/26/10 11:07 AM

It's definitely ZIPPY today clap Thanks, Eddie... even though you say you can't take the credit roflmao
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/26/10 10:01 PM

Woo Hoo, just zipping right along! grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 02/27/10 04:43 AM

I agree! I couldn't believe how fast even the posts with multiple pictures came up so fast!

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/01/10 05:49 PM

Alas...its no longer running very fast for me...at least not today... :-(
Posted By: princessmegi

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/01/10 06:05 PM

Same here Peggy. The main forum is loading quickly, but when I click on the Community Hall it takes forever to load. And then even longer to get into an individual thread.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/01/10 06:05 PM

There is apparently a major failure along the lines somewhere. I'm sure Eddie will check when he gets back. I am having problems, and I know others have been as well.

I finally gave up a little while ago.

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/02/10 11:40 AM

I am on here this morning and its running fast, even with pictures uploading, Ed you have improved it a lot...keep up the good work.

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/02/10 01:48 PM

I swear I have done nothing, lol. These issues are being caused by the networking throughout the country with the weather.
Posted By: suggiebabylover

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/03/10 03:44 AM

This is great. Whatever is happening I hope it stays.

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/03/10 03:49 AM

I had issues last night. It was only on GC. Was it just my computer or an issue with GC?

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/03/10 04:06 AM

neither GC or your computer, the thousands of miles worth of internet lines, thousands of switches, routers, isp that have been having constant freezing snow, than thawing is what caused the issue.
Posted By: Dancing

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/03/10 04:21 AM

See, what I've always thought was curious was GC is the ONLY place I have these extreme slow downs. And I've wondered and wondered and I think I finally figured it out.

See, Eddie has the servers that run GC. These servers are located
Quote:
In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

and the rest of the internet has trouble finding them and staying fully connected roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Xglider

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/03/10 05:18 AM

well I've been gone so long i am just happy to be back and reading ... so much to catch up on ... lol...

Thanks GC for being here, and to the Admin on Mods for all you do!!
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/03/10 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Dancing
See, what I've always thought was curious was GC is the ONLY place I have these extreme slow downs. And I've wondered and wondered and I think I finally figured it out.

See, Eddie has the servers that run GC. These servers are located
Quote:
In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

and the rest of the internet has trouble finding them and staying fully connected roflmao roflmao roflmao

roflmao That is EXACTLY it! I wondered about it myself allt his time,too- no matter WHERE I go online it is fast as lightning- until I get to GC and then it is slower than cold molasses on a winter morning in Maine... this explains it! roflmao

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/03/10 02:36 PM

LOL, nah. The reason is, most servers are located on the west coast, or mid west. I have trouble getting to those sites when you are all having trouble getting here.

Last week Shelly ran a test, hers failed in KS and NJ and maxed out on hops(30 max) when it finally got to NYC. I ran the same test she did but to her ip and I on the 3rd hop I was at her ip. Different paths taken.

There is never one set route to a server, the reason people see it work fast then go slow then fast is when you make the request and it fails at a switch, it tries to reroute itself to a different path. It will keep searching for paths until it gets to the server or the browser says it tried enough, lol.

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/04/10 04:12 AM

Technical stuff I will never understand....lol

Re: The Board Is Toooo Fast - 03/04/10 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: sheila82
Technical stuff I will never understand....lol

Me too!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL