GliderCENTRAL

How do I?

Posted By: joanneM

How do I? - 01/21/17 11:11 AM

I'm giving treats when my new girls come to he front of the cage but Nyx is the only one getting them. How do I give Nova one without opening the cage? Nyx readily comes to the front now when I approach at night nut Nova still stays at the back and just watches.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: How do I? - 01/21/17 12:21 PM

Have you given treats at tent time? She may have trust issues still shy.

It willl take more time. Kinda wait for monkey see monkey do to kick in.

Re: How do I? - 01/21/17 07:08 PM

I'm going to do that tonight.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: How do I? - 01/21/17 10:36 PM

One of the things I did was pull my cage out far enough I could reach around it. When one stayed back, I'd give the other a treat that took longer to eat (dried fruit), then reach nearer (not all the way to) with something sweet/stronger smell like yoggies. Only put your hand as close on the outside as your girl will let you, then let Nova strech & come to you. You may have to drop it on whatever she's sitting on before she'll investigate. It will take several tries, but it got my Morgana & Merlin out of thier shell.

Re: How do I? - 01/21/17 11:13 PM

Nyx likes the dried fruit but the only time I can get Nova to take anything while in the pouch is the yoggies. I'll use those tonight in the tent. Nyx has only relaxed over the past 2 days so I'm sure it won't be too long before Nova trusts me.

Re: How do I? - 01/22/17 03:23 AM

A bit of progress. Nova would jump on the back of my hand and then off but she still won't get much closer. She took some yogurt drops from me.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: How do I? - 01/22/17 04:10 AM

:thumb2: it's a start!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL