GliderCENTRAL

Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD

Posted By: Mio

Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/16/17 10:32 PM

Hi there. I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place- it's been about a decade since I've been here. I had sugar gliders as a teen and young adult (even had a small rescue for a while) and loved them. I used to carry the bra babies around school, and felt calmed by their presence. It's been at least 5 years since I've had them, but over the past year, my anxiety and depression have skyrocketed due to rape trauma, and I'm dealing with near come-aparts in public. I have a dog who serves as an emotional support animal, but since he is not a service dog he cannot go everywhere with me.

I never had problems carrying my bra babies anywhere, and they always calmed me, so I'm writing this to see if anyone has a glider for rehoming who likes being single and is calm enough to be a bra baby. I don't really care about their age, look, color, or sex (although a female might be less smelly to carry around during the day), just that they are calm and affectionate. I'm willing to consider two gliders if necessary (which might be better so that they could each get sleepy time at home where it's quiet), but I'd rather look first for a glider who can be okay with lots of personal human attention instead. My gliders were always happy, healthy, and well cared for, and I will never let my illness interfere with them being cared for in the way they need and deserve.

If there is somewhere in particular I should post this, please let me know and I'll be happy to do so. I hope this post is okay. Thank you.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/17/17 09:42 AM

Hi and Welcome back !

Finding a bra baby may be difficult to find. A rescue or a breeder near you may have one. You can go to the breeder database to find one near you.Here is the link:

http://www.sugargliderhelp.com/links/pages/Sugar_Glider_Breeder_Database/index.html

If you live near a state border, you should check there too if you are willing to drive.

I hope someone here can help you. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Re: Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/17/17 02:02 PM

Thank you, Dawn. I only saw one breeder within my tri-state area, so I messaged them but not sure if they'll have what I'm looking for. I appreciate the link and help.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/17/17 03:54 PM

I have never seen a glider sold as a bra baby dunno

What I have seen is people who have a glider they have formed a bond with that liked to be in their bra rather than riding in a pouch.

I have also seen many posts here from people who have tried to get their bonded glider to be a bra baby with no success even though they were very bonded. Some gliders just don't like to be bra babies.

You might have to get a couple of joeys and hope at least one will be a bra baby, but there is no guarantee either will be.

I wish I had a better answer for you.

Re: Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/17/17 06:09 PM

Thanks, Karen. I was hoping someone might have an older rescue that they knew was comfortable riding in a bra- I received a few older gliders who were comfortable with it when I did rescue, but not many. I may have to look into joeys if I can't find a rescue, but I'm at a point in my life where I'd love to give a mature glider a loving home if I can. I appreciate your response!

Re: Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/20/17 02:09 PM

As an update, I'm planning on picking up two gliders on Saturday that the owner claims are pouch trained. I'm going to slowly try to get them social enough to carry with me (social just meaning comfortable enough to sleep and not crab all day), but I'll still likely be looking for a glider that the person knows is okay with being on me at work all day (or just a joey that seems easy to socialize) if these girls prefer to be left at home. So I'm still looking, but the glider won't be alone (something I'd only be okay with if it were too aggressive to be put with other gliders).
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/20/17 07:00 PM

:thumb2: Awesome!!! Please keep us posted on your progress!

dance

Re: Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/23/17 02:54 PM

Got the girls settled in Saturday night- they seem sweet but understandably a tiny bit wary and crabby right now (I would be, too!). I'm leaving them home for a few days to acclimate and get settled before we go out in public, but I'll update with how things are going. I'm very excited about them and they seem well cared for and well socialized, so maybe they'll eventually turn out to be what I am searching for. :-)
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Seeking a Bra Baby Glider for PTSD - 10/23/17 04:01 PM

Look forward to the update.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL