GliderCENTRAL

How/when ?’s on a bonding scarf

Posted By: Kp3690

How/when ?’s on a bonding scarf - 11/08/17 12:44 PM

We brought our 2 new girls home a few days ago and need some advice on how and when we should start using a bonding scarf/pouch. We have one girl that is fairly skittish and still occasionally shies away from us (she crabs a lot, but doesn’t lunge or try to bite(much lol). Her sister already runs to us as soon as she sees us and is much more accepting of us. We would like to start wearing them around during the day for short periods of time, but don’t want to freak them out. How soon should we try this and what is the best way to get them into the pouch without scaring them? Thanks so much! You have all been so helpful!
Posted By: Feather

Re: How/when ?’s on a bonding scarf - 11/09/17 05:14 AM

To start I would use a bonding pouch that you can just put their sleeping pouch into and wear them that way.

Tent time helps greatly in the bonding process.

Also, read the sticky post authored by Bourbon, Building a Relationship with your Glider.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: How/when ?’s on a bonding scarf - 11/09/17 10:18 AM

Since you may be using a scarf, I would pull their sleeping pouch with them in it and sort of pour them into scarf pouch. Try not to handle them. Also turn scarf out and rub on your skin, neck, arms. If you have a blankie (4" square piece of fleece) in sleeping pouch, let them take into bonding pouch. It helps them have comfort (by scent 9f something familiar) while away from their cage.

Please keep us posted on how it goes smile

Re: How/when ?’s on a bonding scarf - 11/09/17 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Feather
To start I would use a bonding pouch that you can just put their sleeping pouch into and wear them that way.

Tent time helps greatly in the bonding process.

Also, read the sticky post authored by Bourbon, Building a Relationship with your Glider.

Thank you, I will try this. This is what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure. I have read that wonderful post and watched the video a few times. Lol. I just wanted to double check that we are on the right track and see how soon is a good time to start.

Re: How/when ?’s on a bonding scarf - 11/09/17 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
Since you may be using a scarf, I would pull their sleeping pouch with them in it and sort of pour them into scarf pouch. Try not to handle them. Also turn scarf out and rub on your skin, neck, arms. If you have a blankie (4" square piece of fleece) in sleeping pouch, let them take into bonding pouch. It helps them have comfort (by scent 9f something familiar) while away from their cage.

Please keep us posted on how it goes smile

That’s a great idea about rubbing it in my skin, thanks! I will definitely keep everyone updated. All is going well so far and we just hope to continue that way! grin
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL