GliderCENTRAL

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Posted By: KarenE

What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/28/17 01:44 PM

We have an Annual Family Reunion in Destin, Florida where my family and my sister's family gather with children and grandchildren each year. Same time, same place. This was our 28th year, and we had one uninvited guest (video above). We have had some family members pass, children grow up, marry and babies born.

Our Family

My oldest granddaughter and Me wink

All of my Grandchildren
Posted By: kidqwik

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/28/17 05:06 PM

Looks like you had fun, even with the storm!

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/28/17 05:13 PM

Yes, we did. More memories made smile
Posted By: Hutch

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/28/17 07:57 PM

heart
Posted By: Feather

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/28/17 09:29 PM

Looks like a good time, wish my parents would have done stuff like that, then maybe my brother wouldn't be so distant.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/28/17 10:14 PM

Karen, I see where your granddaughter gets her good looks!

Ironically, Destin, FL is where my son and family went for their first trip ever to the beach just last week. You guys probably stared at the same water! Lol!

The grandkids were disapointed they couldn't get in much...

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/28/17 10:41 PM

Thank you, Dawn. She is growing up to be a beautiful young lady. Just too fast for me wink

We probably did, Dawn. We got about two good days in on the beach before Cindy showed herself - completely uninvited mad We wouldn't have had those days if we hadn't arrived early this year. After that the beach was closed for the remainder of our trip.

We still had a good time with family as we always do.

Do you know where your son and family stayed in Destin?

Posted By: Terry

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/28/17 11:42 PM

Wow! I'm glad it wasn't worse than it was, and you all were okay! I'm going to have to come back to this post to watch the video, I love watching storms, looks exciting!

Love seeing the family pics, my mom's side has had a family reunion every year since I could remember. I have rarely gone as an adult, but they're never that exciting, lol. My dad's side only ever had one family reunion, it was years ago and I attended it. The only thing close to that was an Uncles 80th birthday on my dad's side. I did go out of state years ago, to Kentucky for my mom-in-laws family reunion, it was pretty nice, but I was going through a sad state at the time or would have enjoyed it even more.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us!

shock Just watched the video, that was awesome!

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/29/17 03:06 AM

Thank you, Terry. We all look forward to our annual trips and the grandchildren love reconnecting with their cousins. Our family has always had at least one get together a year for as long as I can remember because once we were grown and married, we were so spread out.

Keeping family connected was very important to my parents. This particular reunion is very special to us.

The grandchildren start the count down right after New Years :roflmao2:

ETA: I did other videos. Just didn't put them on YouTube.

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/29/17 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: KarenE

Do you know where your son and family stayed in Destin?

They stayed at Dolphin Point. I guess they are Condos? It was the best deal they could find for 2 adults and 4 kids.

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/29/17 03:52 AM

Just watch your u tube video.... Looks more like the Atlantic Ocean than the Gulf Coast... Wow...

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/29/17 06:19 PM

Yes, Dolphin Point is condos more in Destin proper than we are, although we are still in Destin - if that makes sense. They were more 'downtown'. It looks very nice.

Yep, the Gulf whipped up some awesome waves for sure. It was amazing to watch. Certainly would not want to be there when an actual hurricane came ashore shakehead

This video shows why we love where we stay. They have a green space so the grandchildren have a place to play when we come up from the beach in the afternoon,
and they certainly take advantage of it, from playing ball to their trucks we haul miles and miles every year wink We have five condos on the ground floor, so they just go from condo to condo with their cousins.

We used to eat out each evening when mom and dad were with us, but as our grandchildren came along (the great-grands) we found it much easier to cook and stay in. My sister and I have the meals down to where it is very easy, even for 22-23 people agree

Even with Cindy's rain, they manage to have a game of ball.

Posted By: Hutch

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/29/17 08:13 PM

Karen, that sounds like when I get together with the family on my mothers side. I have 27 cousins on that side alone! So I can appreciate what you're describing.

Beautiful family!

Re: What I Did On My Summer Vacation - 06/29/17 08:50 PM

Thank you, Hutch.

There's just nothing better than a family get together with all the children included agree
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL