GliderCENTRAL

BEDDING

Posted By: Anonymous

BEDDING - 06/18/09 09:05 PM

A few days ago I caught Mia eating her bedding instead of her food! I used this cushiony paper type bedding. I use it for Sidney and there isn't a problem.I took it out immediatly and now theres no bedding. What bedding can I use for Mia? I'm just not sure. confused
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: BEDDING - 06/18/09 09:24 PM

Try lining her pan with a plain paper towel. I do it with my guys and replace every other day.

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 01:12 AM

I use a paper bedding also, and I always see Jack like chewing on it and stuff. Peggy told me he is just playing with it or eating spilled food off of it.

I am changing to just fleece liners and washing them once a week that fit in the bottom grate.

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 03:01 AM

Okay I'll use paper towel. Mia was actually eating it. She's still a baby and she wasnt eating much of her food and that was why. But when I removed the bedding, she at EVERY single thing I left on her plate. Shes a little piggy roflmao

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 03:23 AM

YeaI was going to do the paper towel thing... but my gliders pull it through the grate and play with it and stuff so it does not good in the bottom of my cage lol

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 04:13 AM

I use fleece in mine. I really like it. I just take it outside and shake it every day and then I replace it every 3-4 days. Then once a week I wash them all. It's really easy and I'm not wasting money on paper towels etc. Plus I like being able to add color to my tray. smile
sometimes my glider Romeo will pull a corner of the fleece up but he doesn't really do to much with it. And I know it's not going to hurt him.

I have about 3 fleece squares per cage.

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 05:17 AM

I went to the second hand store and got fleece for a low price. I too just shake it every day and just change the fleeze every couple of days.

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 02:41 PM

Yea thats good too, but the only fleece I have isn't enought for bedding, I use it for bonding purposes. The Paper bedding I noticed getts really smelly and messy. the papertowels I can just replace.

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 05:31 PM

I use black and white newspaper in the tray of mine. I see my pair reach under the grate to pick up food they drop but they've never messed with the paper. I've been told colored paper is not good unless you can contact the newspaper and find out if they use vegetable dyes or something else. Vegetable dye is ok but others aren't.

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 05:37 PM

Yea my babies would definately pick up any paper they can and take it to make a nest lol

Originally Posted By: NavyChiefWife
I use fleece in mine. I really like it. I just take it outside and shake it every day and then I replace it every 3-4 days. Then once a week I wash them all. It's really easy and I'm not wasting money on paper towels etc. Plus I like being able to add color to my tray. smile
sometimes my glider Romeo will pull a corner of the fleece up but he doesn't really do to much with it. And I know it's not going to hurt him.

I have about 3 fleece squares per cage.

I cut my fleece big enough to fold under the tray so my kiddoes cannot pull the fleece through the grate. Of course I bought enough fleece for 3 huge squares at Joannes when the fleece was on sale.

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 05:51 PM

I was thinking about using newspaper too but I was afraid the ink could harm them but I guess I have a few options. Theres an arts and crafts store around here so maybe I'll buy some fleece too smile.
Is shredded newspaper good too? or like shredded paper?

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 06:12 PM

Shredded paper would probably be a mess, but I am sure your gliders would love to play with it haha

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 07:43 PM

Haha yea Sidney digs through the paper bedding and it sometimes makes a mess on the floor.

Re: BEDDING - 06/19/09 10:08 PM

Yea, I have yesterdays news which is heavy compacted paper... and it is still all over the floor, then the dog wants to eat it lol That is why I switched to fleece
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL