GliderCENTRAL

Glider Kitchen Hideaway [How To]

Posted By: Anonymous

Glider Kitchen Hideaway [How To] - 03/15/10 09:29 PM

I have the hexagonal cage with the troublesome tiny doors and I really liked the idea of the inverted cake keeper glider kitchen but wanted to rework it.
I was shopping for glider stuff at target when I saw this for $3.99:

And I thought it would make a great glider kitchen. So I took a cue from the original glider kitchen idea and used
a doorknob hole saw to make glider sized openings.

I put a scrap piece of plywood underneath the plastic so it wouldn't bend and crack. I cut two holes in the box, one on the side and one on the back.

Then I used a utility knife and a sanding sponge to smooth out the cuts so gliders don't catch their fur. The end result is a nice, washable, easily removable glider kitchen.
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: Glider Kitchen Hideaway [How To] - 03/15/10 10:42 PM

Looks great! You did a fantastic job clap

Re: Glider Kitchen Hideaway [How To] - 03/15/10 10:58 PM

Looks great. I tried to make a kitchen with a plastic shoebox size container and the same doorknob atachment thing you show in the picture and it was a disaster. Didn't have plywood under it so the thing was spinning all over the place. Once I did get a hole...it was scratched up all over the plastic in that area. Then I wasn't sure how to smooth out the hole. I just returned the attachment and I am going to buy a kitchen from someone. Lol. I am surprised I actually didn't cut a 2 inch wide circular hole in my hand or foot!

Re: Glider Kitchen Hideaway [How To] - 03/16/10 03:40 PM

Whoa. That thing is SWEET! GREAT idea!
Posted By: Sabarika

Re: Glider Kitchen Hideaway [How To] - 03/16/10 09:33 PM

Excellent tutorial, I am much better with pictures than I am words. :3 Would you be able to PM me a link as to where you found your box? I don't think I've seen one like that before.

Re: Glider Kitchen Hideaway [How To] - 03/17/10 12:28 AM

Can't find it on Target's site but it's called a "stackable media drawer" and I imagine you could find one with a little browsing in the store.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL