GliderCENTRAL

First time neuter

Posted By: Myzlovecraft

First time neuter - 04/05/17 10:11 AM

So i have several suggies and just had one of males neutered cause i didnt want to breed these two kinda just fell into my lap.

So i brought him home from the vet. They placed him in and ecollar and i can see his little stitches. I had placed him back with his girlfriend and their kids. Buy his daughter immediately started attacking the ecollar and she was intently trying to check out his incision site.

So I've put him in his travel cage and he's restless. Keeps scratching at the colllar. But im afriad to take off the ecollar. Am i being overly worried? Its bren over 10 hours since ive had him home.
Posted By: Feather

Re: First time neuter - 04/05/17 02:43 PM

He is going to need to be in the ecollar until the stitches are gone.

My vet doesn't stitch, he uses a laser and just zips it off.

Put him in a separate cage also.
Posted By: Myzlovecraft

Re: First time neuter - 04/05/17 04:58 PM

K. I have him in his travel cage. He just looks so darn sad. His little face is all dirty. So from other forums and research 3 days seems to be sufficient for collar wearing? I know ive seen some who've removed the collar sooner i just dont want to take any risks with him.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: First time neuter - 04/05/17 06:05 PM

As long as he is alone, you can try taking his collar off to how he reacts HOWEVER be ready to put it back on if you see him going after the surgical site in a very aggressive way. You will have to watch him very close.

If it is necessary to put the collar back on, you may need to hand feed him if he is not able to reach the food.

© 2024 GliderCENTRAL