GliderCENTRAL

Male Glider penis problem

Posted By: Jen_faith

Male Glider penis problem - 10/18/17 09:58 PM

Hello, so yesterday I picked up my male Glider and noticed one fork of his penis was out. His coaclea is also swollen. I have been to the vet about a month ago for an extremely swollen coaclea and the vet gave me pain meds and Baytril to knock out any infection. He said the anal glands were swollen-not to the maximum capacity. I finished this cycle of meds and the swelling went away. Today I picked him up and noticed his underside is soaking wet and again one fork of the penis is out not even an inch. I have never seen just one half of it at a time? I will attempt to get pictures. He is 10months old and intact.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Male Glider penis problem - 10/18/17 10:20 PM

He could have had it out flossing. This is normal. Watch him, and make sure it foes back in. It's also important his penis doesn't dry out. Right this second I can't remember what they use to put on it to keep it moist just in case. Let me see if I can find something on this.

Re: Male Glider penis problem - 10/18/17 10:38 PM

Ok, it was KY or a water base lubricant IF needed. For the most part, just watch him. Please keep us posted smile
Posted By: Feather

Re: Male Glider penis problem - 10/18/17 11:04 PM

Having him neutered will help with some of the problem.

I would have him checked for a UTI.
Posted By: Jen_faith

Re: Male Glider penis problem - 10/19/17 05:13 AM

Thanks. So it's about six hours later and he still has one fork of it out about 1/4 inch and it periodically drips clear fluid that really has no scent

Re: Male Glider penis problem - 10/19/17 05:23 AM

It wouldn't hurt to have him checked out by a vet.

I also agree with Feather that having him neutered may help.

Please keep us posted, I'm learning as much as I can about males. I see a neutered one in my future soon!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Male Glider penis problem - 10/19/17 02:43 PM

I agree with having him checked. I don't think it should be periodically dripping fluid which sounds like seminal fluid to me. Could be there is pressure on that fork of his penis.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL