GliderCENTRAL

Pouch concerns

Posted By: Ladymagyver

Pouch concerns - 11/10/17 01:36 PM

The girls are way overdue for a vet check up.

A few weeks ago, I noticed Dot's pouch has some discoloration. Should I be concerned? In direct light, I could see tiny crystal like salt reflection in the fur around her pouch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2psm8fe1ju47lw/20171031_070745.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lidkt76uchs7qtb/20171031_072517.jpg?dl=0

This is Fiona, I checked her belly too, and she has no discoloration, but this pic is for cuteness only... She knew I was about to do something to her...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3cm12m6pcb4c38/20171031_071245.jpg?dl=0

They have never had joeys, and I have never tried to look in their pouch.

My concern about Dot is to make sure vet checks/tests everything.

I figure a swab of pouch? Along with normal annual fecal/urine/smear tests? Is there something I need to know or the vets needs to know/ look for?

I would appreciate a non candy coat version of your opinion please. The good, bad and ugly. Please prepare me ohwell
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/10/17 02:08 PM

Pouch looks good and normal to me. As gliders mature, they will get some discoloration like this. If you notice a behavior change, any discharge or smell coming from the pouch, that's a different story. But these pics aren't alarming to me.

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/10/17 02:49 PM

Hummm. Cool!!! Nice to know! Thank you!

I feel better! :hdance:

We are still going for a check up. Whether they enjoy it, or not...
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/10/17 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
this pic is for cuteness only... She knew I was about to do something to her...

heart mlove heart
Posted By: Terry

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/11/17 01:29 AM

Whew! So glad to hear it doesn't look abnormal. I never noticed my girls pouches looking any particular way that wasn't what I've always seen, so, I couldn't have told you anything about it.

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/15/17 09:58 PM

Quick update:

Went for a wellness check today for both of them. Did a urine and fecal, weights checked and so on. Checked both their pouches too.

Everything went well, They both had a great check up. Pouches are fine, no lumps, bumps, or smells.

But Dot needs to loose a bit of weight. I'm thinking of no mealies, and taking the corn out of their CL salad.

Still very happy with the vet visit! :hdance:

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/15/17 10:19 PM

But Dot needs to loose a bit of weight.
She's just fluffy, is all!

I'm thinking of no mealies, and taking the corn out of their CL salad.
cry

Seriously, though, I'm glad everything turned out to be okay thumb
Posted By: Feather

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/15/17 11:25 PM

Those moobs are just her channeling her inner Dolly Parton!

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/16/17 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Feather
Those moobs are just her channeling her inner Dolly Parton!

:rofl2:

So, in this pic her moobs are covered, but when I was trying to get a pic of her pouch, I had to take this pic...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgf9x6hr5tevuhx/20171031_070520.jpg?dl=0

137gr of fluff!!!! Now I'm trying to hold her and take a pic by myself, it didn't happen... She is a bit squished in pic, so her fluffy really shows here... But she definitely has moobs!!!!!

Doc says she needs the 20gr to go away...
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/16/17 03:54 PM

I feel for ya girl. Telling her to loose 20 gr is like tell us to loose 20 lbs without chocolate, ice cream, pasta and bread :nanana: Geeze Louise, we're already running on those dang wheels!!

Posted By: Terry

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/17/17 02:15 AM

Sometimes I wish they made wheels for people. Well, I guess that would be how treadmill.

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/17/17 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Terry
Sometimes I wish they made wheels for people. Well, I guess that would be how treadmill.

Lol! But wouldn't it be fun to run(yeah right! Lol!) as fast as you can and then hang on for the ride like they do? At my age, I'd get dizzy, fall off, and probably have a heart attack!!! Lol!

I need to lose 20+ too so, maybe Dot and I both can work on this together... Be each other's support team... Or, be each other's enabler!!! Lol!!!

Re: Pouch concerns - 11/17/17 10:39 PM

If Dot is anything like mine... enabler.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL