GliderCENTRAL

Tika's poop test...

Posted By: CKC44

Tika's poop test... - 12/06/19 02:47 AM

So I took Tika's poop in today and it tested negative for parasites. rofl They said though that the poop did smell pungent so they want to see her. We are taking her in on Wednesday. (Well, both girls will go along for the ride because they HATE to be apart, but the vet's office said that would be fine.)

What prompted the testing? Tika seems to be up more hours of the day and hungry all the time, even though they have food in two dishes and they always finish their staple. It's a little difficult to tell what part of the salad they are eating. I was thinking maybe it was from being a "teenager", they are both about 4 1/2 months old. Tika has always been the explorer and loves to get out and investigate, opposite of Astrid.

Peggy says to have a snap test done, so I was reading about Giardia (I think it is called). I can't tell from the symptoms list if she would have that or not. She is peppy, balanced, thinking, has an appetite, loves the wheel, jumps fine, sleeps ok and definitely not lethargic. I am weighing them and nobody is losing weight. So I'm not sure . . .. but that is why we have our awesome veterinarians. :hdance:

I'm going to try to stay up all night tomorrow night to observe them again.

I will let you know what happens after the exam. . .

Thanks for reading! thanks
Posted By: Feather

Re: Tika's poop test... - 12/06/19 10:51 PM

Keep us posted on your little one.
Posted By: CKC44

Re: Tika's poop test... - 12/07/19 04:10 PM

thanks

Will do. I'm keeping a really close eye on them both this weekend. So far they are both acting normal. Normal poop and energy. clap
They both stayed the same weight between Thursday and Friday. I will be weighing them every day so that I can tell the vet on Wednesday.

Re: Tika's poop test... - 12/08/19 06:06 PM

Make sure to way them at the same time each day.

Re: Tika's poop test... - 12/08/19 06:08 PM

Make sure to way them at the same time each day.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL