GliderCENTRAL

My sugar glider Joey needs help

Posted By: Anonymous

My sugar glider Joey needs help - 01/18/21 03:00 AM

I noticed something was wrong with my one joeys eye and called a vet. They looked at her and said it could be an infection. He cleaned the eye and got most of the dry hard skin off and it looked so much better. Prescribed eye drops and oral meds as well for treatment. I did the oral and eye meds yesterday after the vet appointment and again later that night as prescribed. I went to do them again today and noticed the eye looks completely worse then how it did after the vet visit. I emailed the vet and he told me to do hot/cold compresses. I need serious help, I just can’t believe how much more terrible it looks after use of the meds.

If pictures are needed I have some of what it looks like now
Posted By: KarenE

Re: My sugar glider Joey needs help - 01/18/21 03:05 PM

Please take a few moments to either register or sign in so your post can be moved to our Health & Hygiene forum. There you will be able to post with updates and pictures.

You need to take your glider back to the vet for additional care. There is a chance the joey could loose sight in that eye or the entire eye if this infection is not stopped.
Posted By: Feather

Re: My sugar glider Joey needs help - 01/19/21 12:06 AM

I agree with Karen, eye problems are serious.

Please register and post a picture of the joey's eye.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: My sugar glider Joey needs help - 01/22/21 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I noticed something was wrong with my one joeys eye and called a vet. They looked at her and said it could be an infection. He cleaned the eye and got most of the dry hard skin off and it looked so much better. Prescribed eye drops and oral meds as well for treatment. I did the oral and eye meds yesterday after the vet appointment and again later that night as prescribed. I went to do them again today and noticed the eye looks completely worse then how it did after the vet visit. I emailed the vet and he told me to do hot/cold compresses. I need serious help, I just can’t believe how much more terrible it looks after use of the meds.

If pictures are needed I have some of what it looks like now

How is the glider doing? Were you able to get her back to the vet?
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL