GliderCENTRAL

Pouch Protector Pouches

Posted By: Anonymous

Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/15/07 11:45 PM

Is anyone making these in Fleece???

I ordered two of these for my guys a while back and it CHANGED my gliders in 24 hours! I kid you not! From scared crabbing babies to totally happy to see me, no big deal, come on in and touch me... gliders! In 24 hours! The only complaint I have is that they are made out of jean material. While it will probably last YEARS!!! It's not as pretty or as soft as the fleece is... Silly huh?

I was just wondering if any one is making them?? I honestly don't even remember who I ordered these two from??? But I HIGHLY reccomend them! They havn't crabbed since I bought the pouches! NOT ONCE!
Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 12:23 AM

Sent a PM

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 06:40 PM

Wow if you can remember who you got them from let me know cause my babies sure are not bonding well with me and I have been doing everything recommended. cry
Posted By: MizValorie

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 06:46 PM

The Pampered Glider makes them and they are awesome!

I actually picked up MK and Ashley yesterday with NO BITES! The crabbing is getting ALOT better too! Let me find the site for you.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 06:47 PM

http://thepamperedglider.com/products.htm

Theres the link 4th to the bottom.
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 06:59 PM

Those pouches changed my glider in about 3 days. From VERY pouch protective, to completely tolerant, "Put your hand in my pouch and pet me anytime, Mom" boy.
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 07:07 PM

How do they work as far as changing them from being pouch protective to not? I have one that is VERY pouch protective and need help!!

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 07:08 PM

Don't they hate that it is opened? I would think that they would not be happy without the darkness.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 07:11 PM

Mine aren't just pouch protective they crab allllll the time (not use to human touch) and this is helping tons.

Megr, I have found they kinda bury their head in the bottom of it, so I don't think its to big of a problem.
Posted By: Paula0442

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 07:15 PM

They DO work. Bourbon showed us at the last TN get together.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 07:22 PM

Well you guys have sold me on it. Anything to get my babies to like me more smile

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 07:41 PM

What is it??? What does it do?
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 07:47 PM

It's a pouch that isn't completely closed around the sides like a traditional pouch.

Many pouch protective gliders are that way because they are not able to see who/what is coming at them. With this pouch, they can see out, so when they see it is you and not something that wants to eat them, they can relax.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 07:56 PM

Are there any other sites that sell them besides the Pamperded Glider site?
Posted By: glidergrl1513

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 08:00 PM

As far as I know, that is her creation, so she is the only one who sells them.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 08:10 PM

Ok - THANKS for that INFO - thumb
Posted By: Holly1221

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 09:11 PM

[font:comic sans ms]i've been thinking of getting 1 of these myself. Misos is great but you even look like you're thinking about touching that pouch && Lacee knows !!! [/font]

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 09:31 PM

Rhapsody definitely get it from the Pambered Glider. She does quality work and her prices are reasonable.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 09:44 PM

It was her and Bourbons creation and she is the only one that sales them! I have several and I truely think its what made a differance with my biter!!
Posted By: USMom

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 11:53 PM

The pouch allows the glider to see their environment without having to get out of the pouch (therefore going into the "very scary unknown". It really helps calm them down, and give them control over things. Mine weren't crabbers, they were biters. The stress from a regular pouch was so much for them that it never really went away, so they were always in attack mode. You couldn't touch the cage with out getting bitten. Now they are the sweetest, most loving babies, ever! Even nicer than Buffy smile (just joking shelle!)
Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/16/07 11:59 PM

Not only does it allow them to see their environment, it is made such that you start with the top open and spread apart. Then, as your gliders get more accostomed to it, you slowly move the one side back a little each day/week. Eventually, you end up with a pouch that resembles a "normal" pouch, and you can then switch your gliders back to your "normal" pouch with no crabbing. It changed my glider in 3 days as well. That's 3 days from start to back to regular pouches with no crabbing or biting. Well worth it!!!

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: USMom
The pouch allows the glider to see their environment without having to get out of the pouch (therefore going into the "very scary unknown". It really helps calm them down, and give them control over things. Mine weren't crabbers, they were biters. The stress from a regular pouch was so much for them that it never really went away, so they were always in attack mode. You couldn't touch the cage with out getting bitten. Now they are the sweetest, most loving babies, ever! Even nicer than Buffy smile (just joking shelle!)

roflmao Hey Buffys nice to me!!!! Shes just picky and likes things her way!! roflmao

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 12:36 AM

Trust me, if you buy one, buy a dozen... You will never want to use another pouch for as long as they live! I swear by the PP pouches... They are awesome! I have several gliders that when I brought them home they were crabby and would bite the instant I went to reach into the pouch. After only a few nights in the PP pouch, they transformed into sweet loving little angels. I only have 2 cages that have normal pouches, and the rest are in PP pouches. They are worth their weight in gold....

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 12:49 AM

OH! and I do have one suggie that I successfully weaned from the PP pouch to a regular pouch... and he stayed sweet... So there is always that possibility if you don't want to keep them in the PP pouch

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 01:04 AM

This could be a good idea for little Jirino. He seems to like to sleep other places than his pouch. Like right now. He is sleeping in his little green curve tube.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 01:40 AM

Laura-
Rocket is back in a regular pouch, also. I'm sorry I forgot to mention that!

He only slept in the PP pouch for about 2 weeks - and has never looked back to his old, grumpy ways!

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 02:28 PM

You're lucky it's a glider. I have a Cockatoo that's cage protective!!!! Talk about getting bit!!!
Posted By: BCChins

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 07:52 PM

You will not regret a Pouch Protective Pouch if you have a biting or crabby glider that you can not handle. I suggest ordering more then one. The price is resonable and why find out in a few weeks you should have ordered 2 or 3. You will need to switch out and wash them so be sure to get 2.
Leila came as a rescue here. She was a very bad aggressive glider. Now when I hand her mealies she grabs my fingers yes I still cringe but she hold my hand while eating them. She likes to get scratches and is a very good girl. Will she ever go back into a regular pouch most likely not. Leila and Scooter do wonderful in this pouch. They share it with monkey's and play rings just fine!
Now when you first put this pouch in the cage they will look at you like you lost your mind might not even go in it for a few nights but they will. For more information on this with biting gliders Shelle/USmom or myself can help you with that.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 08:03 PM

I let My little man go back to a normal pouch once... HA! no way! Bit the [censored] out of me! I am PP pouch all the way! I used to turn the old pouches inside out to get him out! What a crazy site that was.

He never once bit or lunged at me in the PP. I SWEAR by it!!!

I havn't announced them yet.... but I brought two pretty pouch protective girls home last night... and I switched them to the PP pouch the first night.. They ate well, and mid day when I went in to check their food bowls, I checked on them... not a single crab! Their previous owner said she was bitten whenever she approached the pouch, but that once out of the pouch they were the most loving things ever. And they really are! I was able to pet them IN THE POUCH! Talk about a product that delivers!!!!

I agree 100%, if you buy 1... BUY 100! They certianly are worth their weight in gold.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 08:07 PM

Seriously I think she puts some kind of magic potion in these Pouch Protectors!

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 08:10 PM

Oh, oh, oh!

What does everyone else think about the sizes??? I was really unsure when I ordered mine so I ordered both, lol

Now I'm not quite sure which size I'm using... duh... I feel like a total dork...

But I'd like some feedback there, and it would help for those who should and I'm sure WILL be ordering for all of those cranky gliders....

I need to place another order myself...

OH! and another thing... Someone, please forgive me for spacing on the name right now(edited to say: It was Val... thank you for the PM), PMed me and told me that she is heading up the glider conventioon this year so I'm sure she is swamped right now... I don't know if this is a premade item or not??

I'm going to try and find out... If anyone knows, please post, I will If I find out first.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 08:14 PM

When I ordered, I only ordered 3, because I thought I only needed them for chance. But I realized I actually needed them for the gliders to come... and I know I will need one for Kyle when he gets here after SGGA. So looks like I will need to order some more very soon... and trust me, they are much nicer and stay together better when it comes to the fabric that she uses... I made some in fleece and they didn't hold up as well...

The reason she uses that fabric is the suggies cant chew and claw through the layers with that, since they are bonded together.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 08:16 PM

And, also - given a choice, Stella Luna prefers the PP pouch! Go figure! She has never been protective, but I hung one of the PP pouches in the cage, as well as 2 regular pouches. She actually likes hanging out in the Pouch Protector pouch!

The only reason she goes in the fleece pouches is because that's what Razzle prefers - so she goes in to snuggle with Razzle.

I leave a PP pouch in there- Stella Luna uses it to cat nap at night.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/17/07 08:42 PM

You know... after giving it some thought... its true whats been said about the materials.. they have held up Sooooo well, they are still like new! I have to give a HUGE thumbs up on that!

I honestly have to say that these pouches are top knotch all the way around.. and she may have sprinkled some magic niceness glider dust on each one befor she ships them out! But dosen't wash off! lol It just keeps on working! Maybe its a magic spell! wink
Posted By: sugeebaby

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/18/07 01:01 AM

Bourbon and I worked long and hard on the design. We found the fleece/demin fabric to be the best for the gliders. My first prototypes were fleece but Bourbon didn't like the wear and tear of them with diggers. So we went with the demin/fleece. One layer and no way for them to dig out.You guys now know my secret I have magic glider dust that I use when sewing them.
I have lots of the pouches made up and ready to sell at the SGGA for any one that needs them. Unfortunately since I am hostess this year my sewing room is closed. Actualy I can't move in it with all the raffle donations. If you place an order for a pouch the next two weeks I will not be able to get it out to you till after the SGGA. I'm sorry guys.

Re: Pouch Protector Pouches - 07/18/07 01:22 AM

Thats OK... They are MORE than worth the wait!!! I'm still going to order... that way I'm sure to get mine! I'm not letting you sell mine at the convention... I'm getting my name on a few just as soon as I figure out what size I'm ordering! lol

I wish I was going to this convention! I took a break from GC and had no idea it was happening frown I would so have planned for it!!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL