GliderCENTRAL

Pouch safety study...please help

Posted By: Anonymous

Pouch safety study...please help - 08/07/07 09:02 PM

Hi everyone. After another bonding pouch safety thread started by Becki, I am trying to do a study on any pouch-related deaths to see if there is anything we can do to help our suggies be more safe. I wanted to post a separate thread to try to get more responses.

My goal is to gather as much information as I can about any deaths that have occurred in pouches, and do an objective, statistical-based analysis to see if we can pinpoint any risk factors. I will then make a post about the findings (which I hope will be conclusive). I am no mathemetician, but I think a science-based analysis of this could be very helpful.

The only way I can create a good, useful study is by getting enough information. I am going to use the search engine and real stories, but please, if you have ever lost a glider in the pouch, please PM me with the following information:

1) Describe the make of pouch (with window or windowless)

2) Zipper, drawstring, or other closure (if other, describe)

3) Material pouch was made out of (fleece? Single or double lined? etc)

4) Other information that may help save other gliders (although I know this is tough to share):

-Were there other gliders in the same pouch? If so, how many, and did they survive?

-What was the weather like (heat, humidity, air flow)?

-How long had gliders been in the pouch? Last time you checked on them and they were OK?

-Last time glider had drink or food, and what was the drink or food

-Any other details that you think might shed light on the situation

I know this information is hard to share, but I really am hoping that it might be able to save lives in the future. I can promise you that if you are kind enough to share information with me, I will respect your privacy and any information shared in the results will be very general and respectful.

I also think this might be an even more accurate study if we could get information from other boards. If anyone also participates on other boards and would be interested in trying to get data from there, please PM me.

Thank you for your help hug2
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Pouch safety study...please help - 08/08/07 01:47 AM

Well...I have posted on here, WSGN, USGN, another sugar glider board, and will on Animal Craze once it's up and running. And I've been looking on Real Stories all day for info.

The good news and the bad news is...I'm having a lot of trouble finding deaths that seem pouch/carrying condition related.

So, I guess, pass the word on if you can.
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Pouch safety study...please help - 08/08/07 02:40 AM

Jen-

Thanks for doing this.

It must be so straining to do any kind of death study.

hug2
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL