GliderCENTRAL

Wheel Comparisons

Posted By: DCMuffin

Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 04:39 PM

Hey all!

Need your thoughts!

I have a stealth and another ordered but want to order a third wheel for the monkeys to have in the playroom. I love the Stealth Wheels but I'm looking at the Custom Cruisers for something different.

For those that have either or both, could I get your input? Would you order a CC over the Stealth or vice versa? If the CC, Full, Half or Minimal Bounce and why?

Thanks!!
Posted By: nancy1202

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 04:54 PM

I would definitely go with a full-bounce CC, especially since it is for the playroom. You already have a Stealth, with one on the way, so go for some variety for your gliders! You will love watching them leap on the inside, and hang on to the outside. I have ... hmmmm .... 8-10 cruisers, 6 or 7 stealths, and 3 or 4 TGI wheels. Obviously I haven't counted lately, and have WAY more than I really need. blush They are ALL great wheels and you won't be disappointed! thumb

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 04:56 PM

Wow, thank you, Nancy! I forgot about the TGI wheels...so let's add those to the mix, as well! Would you still go the Full Bounce CC over the TGI wheel, just for something different?

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 05:03 PM

Are there differences in cleaning the wheels, as well?
Posted By: Heathr6913

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 05:07 PM

I can only help with the TGI and stealth ( although I'm really wanting a CC!). I have 3 stealths and 2 TGI's. The TGI is almost identical to the stealth in every way. The biggest and really only major difference is that it has a removable barrings system so that when you wash the wheel you don't get the barrings wet. The track is almost MAYBE an inch or half an inch less wide than the stealth, nothing major.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 05:39 PM

I have stealth, custom cruisers and a TGI wheel. I love the quietness of the stealths. My gliders love the bounciness of the custom cruisers. I've just started using the TGI wheel but so far, I like it. I agree with Heather on the differences/similarities between the stealth and TGI.

Since you want this for the play room, I'd get a custom cruiser. I'd get the light up stand and watch the fun begin!

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 05:54 PM

Ooooooh, the light up stand! I forgot! Oh Connie, what a great idea! Now I've got something to think about! LOL

Okay, so the CC...do you also agree with the Full Bounce?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 07:43 PM

Full bounce, hands-down. Joeys can work them so don't worry if your gliders are small that they won't figure it out. They do. My gliders dive-bomb theirs from the top of the cage to make it go when they are lazy! I've never had it squeak on me and it is easy to clean. I have a 5 inch track, so I just lay it over into the side of the sink and keep the back out of the water, then come back and wipe it all down 5-10 min later. The stand is all PVC so it wipes clean quickly too. I like how the stand makes it so easy to develop mounting into PVC cages or rept. frames, and go from home to travel cages quickly.

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/19/10 07:49 PM

Thanks, Jessica....and everyone else! Since I'll have two stealths, I'm going to go for the CC - full bounce - this time. Next wheel will be the TGI so that the monkeys can be ultra spoiled! LOL I appreciate your input!
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Wheel Comparisons - 12/21/10 08:32 PM

I hear really, really good things about the CC wheels. So you might want to give one of those a try... wink
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL