GliderCENTRAL

Stealth and TGI wheel..

Posted By: Heathr6913

Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/11/10 09:06 PM

Can anyone tell me the biggest difference between the 2? They look so similar. Thanks.
Posted By: WintersSong

Re: Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/11/10 09:08 PM

The Stealth and the TGI?? The TGI, if I remember, is closed. The Stealth has an open front. I believe that the Stealth is wider also.

*If you meant the Stealth and the Custom Cruiser, which do look very similar to one another.. The difference there is that the Cruiser has a bounce option. And is quite a bit bigger. And that you can customize height, bounce (half, full, or none), and track width.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/11/10 09:10 PM

Which Stealth? The original? The original Stealth runs on a faster bearing system and has less squeeking problems than the TGI wheel. If you keep the TGI well oiled, you won't have a problem at ALL, but yes, the TGI has a closed front and the stealth has an open front. The bases are also different.
Posted By: Heathr6913

Re: Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/11/10 09:11 PM

Can't you have the TGI closed or open whichever you prefer? It looked like it based on the picture but perhaps they were just showing what it looked like inside.. Does anyone have a picture of these 2 wheels side by side by any chance? I did find the picture of a Wodent, Stealth, and Custom Cruiser side by side. But I'm curious where a TGI stands among those wheels.

Re: Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/11/10 09:14 PM

I think that the open front on the TGI wheel is for the smaller wheel. If I remember right, TGI offers two different wheels. I, personally, would use the bigger one with gliders as we all know how much gliders like to jump in the wheels! smile

Re: Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/11/10 09:51 PM

I actually do, but there was kind of a stink over it, so I didn't post it. frown Sorry! I'd love to help.

Re: Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/11/10 10:08 PM

Amanda, really??? I haven't heard any stinks over that video... It was a very helpful video, in my opinion.

Re: Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/11/10 10:11 PM

Nope, I started another one, but it was scrapped. No biggie. I just won't show it now.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Stealth and TGI wheel.. - 01/16/10 03:36 AM

Sorry, I just came across this post.

The Large TGI wheel has a closed front, the Small wheel has an open front.

The TGI wheels have a bearing assembly that should be removed prior to washing, thus keeping out water and less/no need for oiling. (I've never had to oil my TGI wheels, and have had them for several months now - no noises that I have noticed either.)

TGI wheels are made with a solid base, which will still move in the cage if the gliders really get going! But I think that's true of all wheels.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL