GliderCENTRAL

Wont use wheel!

Posted By: Anonymous

Wont use wheel! - 05/06/06 11:38 PM

Hi Pacha and Miah have always had a wodent wheel, Miah never used it but as soon as Pacha got up he was on his wheel. On Wednesday I got a stealth wheel and put it where the wodent wheel was (attached to the top part of the cage)and moved the wodent wheel to the bottom of the cage. The 1st night it took Pacha about 5 hours to go in the stealth but he hasn't been in it since or used the wodent wheel!! Ive rubbed the pouch over the stealth to put his scent on it and put a treat in it every night but he still doesnt go in..... what should I do? It seems a shame as he loved his wheel. Has anyone else got a glider like Miah that doesnt go in any wheels?
Posted By: Paula0442

Re: Wont use wheel! - 05/07/06 12:05 AM

Give them time. It took mine about a week to get used to it, I think. Who knows what goes on after we humans go to bed. They could have used it on the first night and I slept right thru it. LOL
Posted By: glidrz5

Re: Wont use wheel! - 05/07/06 06:29 AM

It took my Nicky over a week to use his Stealth Wheel. I ended up having to move it 3 times to get it to a place he "approved" of (strange kid will only run on a wheel that's on the North side of the cage towards the top). I also ended up having to totally remove the wodent wheel before Nick would even look at the stealth. Now he loves his stealth wheel!

Re: Wont use wheel! - 05/15/06 10:04 PM

Yippee Pacha started using his stealth wheel tonight after 2 weeks and wont come off!!! He is doing loop de loop and everything bless and wow it is sooo much quieter than the wodent wheel. I'm so pleased he is using it, maybe it was the blankies like Kattym said, instead of washing them I just put them in the stealth.

Re: Wont use wheel! - 05/15/06 10:07 PM

holly got on her stealth the day i brought her home llol shes loves its she has even slept in it!

Re: Wont use wheel! - 05/15/06 11:46 PM

My gliders won't use their wheel. I don't keep it inside the cage because it doesn't fit inside the door of the cage. They could only use it during tent time, and even then, they still don't. They go in there for 2 spins but that's it.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL