GliderCENTRAL

Vinegar/Water Cleaning Ratio

Posted By: Anonymous

Vinegar/Water Cleaning Ratio - 06/15/06 11:09 PM

I've heard you can clean the cage with vinegar......what is the ratio?
Posted By: glidrz5

Re: Vinegar/Water Cleaning Ratio - 06/16/06 01:54 AM

I'm sorry no one has gotten back to you sooner on this. I did some searching and found 2 threads that might give you a better idea on how much to use. You can find the first thread HERE
The second thread can be found HERE

Re: Vinegar/Water Cleaning Ratio - 06/16/06 02:29 AM

I'm not sure if there is a stead fast rule, but if I use vinegar/water I mix it approx 1/10 and rinse everything really really well.
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: Vinegar/Water Cleaning Ratio - 06/16/06 04:06 AM

I also use vinegar (sorry I wasn't on here till now...) and I guess-timate....I try for Lorna's ratio, but if the cage is especially smelly, I'm more generous in dumping some more in and then rinse it and just make sure it dries completely.....it works!

Re: Vinegar/Water Cleaning Ratio - 06/16/06 10:31 AM

Yep! no odor whatsoever when you use this mix..... it's very safe and effective.

We take our cages outside to clean. What we do, is spray down with a hose, spray and gravid amount of the mix every where, let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes, and spray well with the hose again. Very seldom do we need to scrub, but I have a power nozzle (heheh) also, we allow the cages to dry in the sun. Not one odor is there when it's complete.

Re: Vinegar/Water Cleaning Ratio - 06/16/06 11:07 AM

Thanks everyone!

Re: Vinegar/Water Cleaning Ratio - 06/17/06 03:08 AM

cool i didn't know you could do this to get rid of smell and clean the cage thanks for asking that question iluvsuggies17!!!!!!!!!!!!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL